Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
500 Pt escalation Campaign
i might be interested in this. as much as i've gone off 40k to a certain degree (lack of balance annoys me a lot) i still love the army fluff and models.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I'm still undecided on whether to run Nids or Chaos - but most likely Nids as I'll be the only one running them. Just need to paint everything...

More than happy to bash up some narrative too - I write a fair bit in my free time as it is :-)

I like the idea of the restricted Force Org - prevents spam nicely, and two transports is a good shout. Not just for Wave Serpent spam but also Necron transports and my own Tyrannocytes.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
As i say there is still room for people so both of you (Ben and Charlotte) are welcome to take part if you feel like it. Smile

One of things that we also discussed at the club was introducing a handicap system of some kind, similar to what Paul suggested. One of the ideas was to introduce a point increase if you lose a few games on the bounce, so for example if you lose three games, you would get 300 pts to spend rather than 250. I think this could be a good idea as it should hopefully balance things out.

I want to try and Nail everything down 10th Feb, then i will draw a campaign pack up and we will Kick this off 3rd March at the club. So feedback is very important, let me know what you want nice and early please, anything contentious we will drop to a public vote on the forum. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Another suggestion would be people to post there lists and take a look at the extremes, IE Serpent Spam, Drop Pod Spam, anything spammed/too good, IE Centurions with grav are awesome at any points level, but if people aren't taking them, then no point limiting/banning Wink

Things like Riptides and Wraithknights are deadly at 500pts as well, also Summoning, or both just an example..

Farseer - Spiritstone, Jetbike - 130
3 Jetbikes - 51
3 Jetbikes - 51
Wraithknight - 240

And with 28pts to spare to spend, basically the Farseer Summons from a hidden position while the Wraithknight causes a distraction and the Jetbikes are reserved/kept on the field as needed, then score.

Comp is difficult and there will always been a away around it, but if people are open with the lists or you can invite people to PM them your lists, if you have an idea of what you don't want to see.

Another idea is to have a Highlander campaign, no duplicate of any unit, bar 2 troops and a limit of 2 of the same transports (stops the problems with marines/necrons/tau from being limited to 2 troops choices). Doesn't stop a lot of nasty combos but would stop a lot of spamming?

(28-01-2015, 10:38 AM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: I'm still undecided on whether to run Nids or Chaos - but most likely Nids as I'll be the only one running them. Just need to paint everything...

More than happy to bash up some narrative too - I write a fair bit in my free time as it is :-)

I like the idea of the restricted Force Org - prevents spam nicely, and two transports is a good shout. Not just for Wave Serpent spam but also Necron transports and my own Tyrannocytes.
Take it this is Dan E?

Glad to see you on the forum and giving input. Smile

Narrative wise, there was talk of using planetary empires (which i have) and crusade of fire (which Chris has). Forming some kind of narrative would be ace, giving some kind story to the campaign.
Blood bowl Skaven
'Tis indeed!
That sounds like a plan. I've got the Planetstrike rules kicking about too - they could make a very cool basis for a campaign.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
i like the highlander idea Rob, that has always appealed.

I'll probably use my Foot-Dar
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
What about the following:

No units of flier sized bases
No FOC bending unlocks (though this does mean I can't use Eldar at all here Big Grin)
Max 2 dedicated transports TOTAL
No LOWS who can't breath
No doubles in Elite, FA or HS
One source Army with only one standard FOC

I think this would be good and ensure we have a nice variety of armies with little spamming or lopsided lists.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(28-01-2015, 10:47 AM)Embolden Wrote: Another suggestion would be people to post there lists and take a look at the extremes, IE Serpent Spam, Drop Pod Spam, anything spammed/too good, IE Centurions with grav are awesome at any points level, but if people aren't taking them, then no point limiting/banning Wink

Things like Riptides and Wraithknights are deadly at 500pts as well, also Summoning, or both just an example..

Farseer - Spiritstone, Jetbike - 130
3 Jetbikes - 51
3 Jetbikes - 51
Wraithknight - 240

And with 28pts to spare to spend, basically the Farseer Summons from a hidden position while the Wraithknight causes a distraction and the Jetbikes are reserved/kept on the field as needed, then score.

Comp is difficult and there will always been a away around it, but if people are open with the lists or you can invite people to PM them your lists, if you have an idea of what you don't want to see.

Another idea is to have a Highlander campaign, no duplicate of any unit, bar 2 troops and a limit of 2 of the same transports (stops the problems with marines/necrons/tau from being limited to 2 troops choices). Doesn't stop a lot of nasty combos but would stop a lot of spamming?
Yeah, i was aiming for the highlander idea. The main thing i am aiming for is keeping it accessible for all, i have quite a few new guys signed up that have not played many games (if any) and want to keep it fun, avoid drama and streamlined as possible. I don't want to blanket ban things but know some things are game breakingly good at low points level (Riptides FTW Tongue).
What would you suggest psychic powers wise?
I would think invisibility and summon would be the main two to do something with, but as i don't use psychics not sure if there is anything else.

For lists, i am going to create a thread and post mine in there shortly, if people could PM me theirs (preferably from battlescribe) i'll add them to it. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
(28-01-2015, 11:48 AM)manrogue Wrote: What would you suggest psychic powers wise?
I would think invisibility and summon would be the main two to do something with, but as i don't use psychics not sure if there is anything else.

I don't use them myself either, I think all the problem powers are warp charge 2 or more right?
Maybe we just reroll any powers with Warp charge 2 or more?
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts