Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club lists Discussion
So i was having a think this weekend and one of the things i was thinking about was maybe it would be a good idea to have peoples regular 1650 Pt list posted on the forum.

There is a couple of reasons for this as I'll note below-
1 - New guys to the club don't get blindsided by a trip Knight/Centstar/Tide spam/Serpent spam etc and when arranging games you can send them here to get an idea of what to expect.
2 - Power/tournament players (ie me lol) can have a couple of lists you can choose from, a competitive list and a "softer" list so to speak.
3 - it will hopefully close the divide that has started to develop at the club recently with some people not wanting to play others due to competitive nature of some lists. (THIS IS NOT ME HAVING A DIG. I can fully understand if you turn up with a fluffy Space marine 1st company based list that is carbon copy of the codex entry, and i turn up with a triptide buffmander list, its not gonna be a fun game for obvious reasons.)

Also this not to say you can't play other lists or that you stuck playing one list, it just allows a good rule thumb to what kind of list you are fielding.

I would update the top post with lists to keep them current.

So discuss away, good idea? Bad idea? All input is welcome!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
hey Vince,

I think a lot of this can be helped when arranging games, using this post are a reference to say eg:

I'm looking for a game of 40k, 1650pts, I'm running list2 from my list of lists (see this link), I want to face a two source competitive list, no unbound, Maelstrom Missions...

Or

I'm looking for a game of 40k, 1650pts, I'm running a version of list1 of my lists (see this link) please note its unbound, I want to face a similar balanced/fluffy list, tactical missions only.

These are just 2 examples of what I think Vince is trying to achieve here.

I want to highlight one point though (point3), people need to stop the divide that even I felt before I left the area, I think people will realise what I'm on about, but for those that don't... there was a distinct divide and comments made about the competitive players and those that take fluffy lists (or not so fluffy lists and call it so) It got very bad before before I left the area, I even had an opponent say to me that people (IE more than one person) had gone to him before I arrived talking about me in a negative light, obviously not knowing that we were actually friends away from the club... so people need to be careful, you're not harming the player in the long run because there are plenty of clubs in the midlands area, only harming the club as you drive players away. This is not my only example, I heard players talk about others and about myself, but knowing I was moving, I didn't want to rock the boat before I left, but if the situation is still as bad (and from what I've heard it still is and possibly even worse) then things need to be addressed. I think this thread can go some way to help.

But not to de-rail the thread... Vince makes an excellent point (3) the divide needs to stop for a healthy 40k section at the club. Big Grin

Like the idea Vince, where would we post the lists? Can you create a thread or are we posting on this one? I think agreeing you are going all out tournament style list or a more relaxed one (that people can get at least a rough idea of before hand) is a good way forward.

Unlike some other games such as SAGA or Flames of war, 40k has balance issues. If we can make sure no-one gets fed up by getting a game type they are not expecting then it should make for a more fun time for everyone.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Was positive i posted a reply here yesterday, but obviously not... lol
Post in here and then i'll Start a separate thread and relabel this one discussions. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
I like this idea, I'll sit down and make some lists, though with the guards men I'm kinda limited to what I have, but the chaos marines and orks have plenty of options so I can do stuff with them.

that and I need to get away from the mass battle wagon tactics I normally use.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
This is probably a bit of a noob question but why 1650pts?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I just find 1650 the ideal size to get a full game in on a club night, hence the 1650 Pt suggestion.

It not to small to not get toys in, and not to big that you run out of time. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven