Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necron codex next
*cough*check my drop box for new codex*cough*
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
OK despite saying I would not get this I ended up getting it and it arrived today!

Liking the new changes although seems that if you take a decurion it's pretty restrictive. However a CAD with a couple of the formation could be good - are you allowed to do this?

Anyway, seems that some units don't exist in their previous form (royal court - no more haywire stormteks or attaching a despairtek to a deathmark squad), some got nerfed (doomscythe, small nerf on tesla), some got more expensive (nightscythe, scarabs,annihilation barge) and some got cheaper and better (Wraiths, praetorians and lychguard).

I actually think these changes mostly look good, even the pts increases on the ridiculously powerful for their pts ann barge and nightscythe. Really liking that praetorians and lychgurad are much cheaper and now have 2 attacks each - might be half decent in combat now. Shame about the doomscythe - prob will not be taking one now as cool weapon is now just blast, lance.

Interesting that you can now just take a lord or cryptek as your only hq now.

Also I haven't totally lost my despairtek flamer of doom, as an HQ can take a one shot S7 ap2 flamer. Solar staff plus 10 lychguard and overlord with gauntlet in a night scythe looks nice - ap2 flamer attack plus solar pulse causing all enemy to only be able to fire snap shots at them on the next turn Smile, with 11 warscythes in the unit and RP rolls of 4+, rerollable for one turn with a res orb!

Also liking the changes to reanimation protocols as they are more simple, basically FNP but you can take it against instant death hits with a -1 penalty.

That's my 2cents.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari