Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New blood angels list
So i got some Blood angels for christmas and am planning a 1650 point list. Certain things i will keep in no matter what as had bought for me (sanguinary priest, Dante, Death company and Sanguinary guard) rest is flexible.

I want this to be a themed DoA style list with everything coming in from reserve but still being relatively competitive.
Quote:+++ New Roster (1650pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1650pts) ++

+ HQ (200pts) +

Librarian (115pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Gallian's Staff (10pts), Jump pack (15pts), Psyker (ML2) (25pts)]

Sanguinary Priest (85pts) [Chainsword, The Angel's Wing (25pts)]

+ Elites (665pts) +

Death Company Dreadnought (135pts) [Blood Talons (10pts), Magna-grapple, Meltagun and storm bolter]

Death Company Squad (355pts) [8x Bolt Pistol, 4x Chainsword, 10x Death Company Marine (200pts), 2x Hand Flamer (20pts), Jump Pack (30pts), 5x Power Weapon (75pts), Thunder Hammer (30pts)]

Sanguinary Guard Squad (175pts) [4x Angelus Boltgun, 2x Encarmine Axe, 3x Encarmine Sword, Plasma Pistol (10pts), 5x Sanguinary Guard (165pts)]

+ Troops (250pts) +

Tactical Squad (125pts) [Heavy flamer (10pts), 4x Tactical Marine (56pts)]
··Drop Pod (35pts) [Storm Bolter]
··Tactical Sergeant (24pts) [Chainsword, Combi-Flamer (10pts)]

Tactical Squad (125pts) [Meltagun (10pts), 4x Tactical Marine (56pts)]
··Tactical Sergeant (24pts) [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (115pts) +

Assault Squad (115pts) [4x Assault Marines (68pts), Jump Packs, 2x Meltagun (20pts)]
··Assault Sergeant (27pts) [Chainsword, Combi-Melta (10pts)]

+ Heavy Support (200pts) +

Stormraven Gunship (200pts) [Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

+ Lords of War (220pts) +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels (220pts) [Warlord]

Librarian goes with Death company, Priest and Dante with sanguinary guard. Tempted to put death company in Storm raven and remove packs.

Thoughts on improving?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
To be honest I'm loving the new blood angels book! By far my favourite 40k army which I can now actually use lol. Making Dante eternal warrior and getting rid of unweildly on his axe makes him awesome! Putting him with a jump pack priest and sanguinary guard (with banner) creates a hell of a unit which can hurt anything in the game! Turning your death company into a melta/grav/plasma comm squad would also be a good shout Smile
Yeah like Dante a lot, as well as Sang priest with the angel's wings. Think its worth while Getting the banner in the Sang guard then Nick?

I have a unit of 5 Death company already bought for me(not built so can build how i like) so preferable want to keep at least that in.

Could reduce it down, remove dread and add command squad with JP and Grav guns in though?

Edit - something like this-
+++ New Roster (1649pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1649pts) ++

+ HQ (201pts) +

Librarian (115pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Gallian's Staff (10pts), Jump pack (15pts), Psyker (ML2) (25pts)]

Sanguinary Priest (86pts) [Additional Weapon (1pts), Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, The Angel's Wing (25pts)]

+ Elites (672pts) +

Command Squad (170pts) [Jump Packs (25pts)]
··Veteran (15pts) [Bolt Pistol, Grav-gun (15pts)]

Death Company Squad (302pts) [7x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword, 9x Death Company Marine (180pts), 2x Hand Flamer (20pts), Jump Pack (27pts), 3x Power Weapon (45pts), Thunder Hammer (30pts)]

Sanguinary Guard Squad (200pts) [4x Angelus Boltgun, Chapter Banner (25pts), 2x Encarmine Axe, 3x Encarmine Sword, Plasma Pistol (10pts), 5x Sanguinary Guard (165pts)]

+ Troops (240pts) +

Tactical Squad (115pts) [Heavy flamer (10pts), 4x Tactical Marine (56pts)]
··Tactical Sergeant (14pts) [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword]

Tactical Squad (125pts) [Meltagun (10pts), 4x Tactical Marine (56pts)]
··Tactical Sergeant (24pts) [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (115pts) +

Assault Squad (115pts) [4x Assault Marines (68pts), Jump Packs, 2x Meltagun (20pts)]
··Assault Sergeant (27pts) [Chainsword, Combi-Melta (10pts)]

+ Heavy Support (201pts) +

Stormraven Gunship (201pts) [Searchlight (1pts), Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

+ Lords of War (220pts) +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels (220pts) [Warlord]
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah I think the banner is worth it. Especially if your adding characters, you potentially adding 7 attacks to the unit. Like the idea of the melta assault squads too. I'd maybe swap out a drop pod on the tac marines (and something else) to make a 10 man squad to go in the storm raven as you can combat squad them and drop off 5 at a time later in the game. Just think they may die quickly if they're dropped in the open turn 1/2
Never even thought of that lol!

Still keeps with the theme as well, nice!
Blood bowl Skaven
How about something a bit different and something I'm going to consider running as I move away from the more "competitive" lists I've run for years...

Dante - 220

Priest - Vitae, Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol - 96
Priest - Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol - 81

10 Death Company - 2 Power Fists, 10 Jump Packs - 280
10 Death Company - 2 Power Fists, 10 Jump Packs - 280
10 Sang Guard - Banner and mix of axes and swords - 355

5 Scouts - Bolt Pistol and CCWs
5 Marines - Heavy Flamer, Combi-Flamer, Drop Pod - 125

5 Assault Marines - 2 meltaguns and a combi-melta in Drop Pod - 115

1837pts

The idea is a priest and Dante join the Sang Guard, a priest joins a squad of Death Company, these two death stars bomb forwards, with 1 squad of Death company just behind to act as fall back if the characters unit get blown away they have a place to go hang out. 2 Assault squads play interference turn1 with 1 squad to act as a pain when it comes down turn 2 onwards. The marines go land on an objective.

I think it will be a fun list to play.

Another option...

Drop the reserve death company unit, add in a Chapter master on bike with shield eternal, art armour and power fist and another scout squad. This will beef up the durability of that second Death Company unit, now it has a tank at the front.

Plus Dante and the Chapter Master can split off, even with the Priests attached for FnP.

I want to run a fast and fun, run across the table army.. might get ebay stalking for Death company and sang guard lol

No ebay stalking blood angels stuff, that is what I am doing. :-P
Blood bowl Skaven
I didn't realise how cheap 10 man death company were! There's a great formation in the exterminatus book that allows assault from deep strike. Would compliment the jump infantry massively! Maybe worth looking into as it would compliment your list idea very well!
(09-01-2015, 03:14 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: I didn't realise how cheap 10 man death company were! There's a great formation in the exterminatus book that allows assault from deep strike. Would compliment the jump infantry massively! Maybe worth looking into as it would compliment your list idea very well!
Any idea the name of the formation?

Just gone through the book and couldn't spot it.....
Blood bowl Skaven
It involves storm ravens and tactical marines I think.