Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 16th December 2014
(09-12-2014, 07:48 PM)aprilmanha Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 02:20 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I'm thinking it might be nice to to a multiplayer Tale of X Gamers thing on the last club night before Xmas?

Will, Charlotte, Chris, Terry?

Yup would be worth a try! Big Grin

I know I'm not in your Tale of x thing, but I fancy a game of 40k this week, so... if you have odd numbers or something, I'd love to play!
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(09-12-2014, 07:48 PM)aprilmanha Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 02:20 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I'm thinking it might be nice to to a multiplayer Tale of X Gamers thing on the last club night before Xmas?

Will, Charlotte, Chris, Terry?

Yup would be worth a try! Big Grin

Cool Chris and Will are up for it too.

Okay then folks how about 750pts a piece?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
as long as its ok for them not to be painted!
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
yep 750pts each is good, is it going to be a 'seize the hill' type game where the winner is the one with most models within 3" of a central objective at the end of the game? Seem to remember Tale of 4 gamers doing this - will try and dig out the white dwarf.

My only concern is in a 4 player game the player who goes last my not have very many models left by the start of their 1st turn if they get targeted by everyone. A couple of thoughts to mitigate this could be to have teams of two until turn 3 when all alliances are broken, or to have a game where you take it in turns to move, then take it in turns to shoot etc. Or just leave it and see how it goes?!

What do you guys think?

Of course if Terry can play as well we have 5 players....will be carnage!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'm up for BA. I can lend Dan a Sherman, although it looks small compared to others !! Is there a points limit on tank?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(11-12-2014, 11:22 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: yep 750pts each is good, is it going to be a 'seize the hill' type game where the winner is the one with most models within 3" of a central objective at the end of the game? Seem to remember Tale of 4 gamers doing this - will try and dig out the white dwarf.

My only concern is in a 4 player game the player who goes last my not have very many models left by the start of their 1st turn if they get targeted by everyone. A couple of thoughts to mitigate this could be to have teams of two until turn 3 when all alliances are broken, or to have a game where you take it in turns to move, then take it in turns to shoot etc. Or just leave it and see how it goes?!

What do you guys think?

Of course if Terry can play as well we have 5 players....will be carnage!

We could steal the rules from fantasy's triumph and treachery?
Each phase you pick an "enemy" from the other players for that phase that army is the only army you can target or hurt. makes the turns a bit quicker and the combat phases a little bit more manageable, and makes it harder to pick on one player.

The order of players is randomised every game turn using cards. So you don't know from one turn to the next who goes when!

I hopefully will have a deck of tactical objectives thanks to the blood angels release so we could randomly generate objectives using this maybe each player gets two random objective cards a turn to try and score Vps with?

Although a take the hill game would be fun carnage and I'd be up for that!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(11-12-2014, 11:52 PM)will Wrote: I hopefully will have a deck of tactical objectives thanks to the blood angels release so we could randomly generate objectives using this maybe each player gets two random objective cards a turn to try and score Vps with?

Although a take the hill game would be fun carnage and I'd be up for that!

Lets keep it to taking the hill I think Tongue
The mission cards do little more then "roll a dice and get that many vp for the turn"
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
I was thinking if it was just the 4 of us we could do 2 vs. 2, Eldar & Tau vs. Dark Eldar and Tyranids ("good" vs. "evil") haha but all against all king of the hill would be fun too, absolute carnage!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(09-12-2014, 02:58 PM)manrogue Wrote: Should be able to make it along to this Tuesday, so if the 40k tournaments not on and someone does fancy a game let me know.

(09-12-2014, 10:44 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote: I know I'm not in your Tale of x thing, but I fancy a game of 40k this week, so... if you have odd numbers or something, I'd love to play!

You two chaps fancy a game against each other?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Dan can use my Cromwell for the game As I'll be using a Matilda, Mick has a Tiger, and Simon has a Japanese paper tank lol
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus