Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Narrative Campaign
Drumming up some ideas currently for some narrative campaign action.
Would love to give this scenario/ campaign style a go with a few players to see if
a) this is a system we could run every few months
b) if there is enough interest if we can intertwine campaigns
c) give some narrative to these incredible battles on the field!

It is all outlined in the PDF's attached but I shall attempt to summarise.

Warlord Advancement - Gaining Renown to be remembered in the Legends

Due to casualties or maybe not achieving certain objectives/ Renown Levels, that force pool might go up or down for the next game.

If you cannot make the numbers up for a unit due to injuries, the remaining figures can be downgraded for the next battle to make numbers up for a lesser unit.

Any figure who was injured (removed from the table) during the course of the game must roll a d6 after the game. On a roll of a 1 their injuries are severe enough to need them to spend some time getting back to fighting fitness. They must miss the next game and can not be included in the Warband number (force pool) for the following game.

At the end of the game the winning Warlord adds an Arm Ring to their 'pool'. After the Warband have been split into units for the next game the Warlord can dole the Arm Rings out to any of the Units. There are special one-per-armband activations that can aid your Warlord in his Quest.

Renown is gained for winning games. Extra Renown is gained for securing any objectives outlined in the scenario and for loot and plunder that will be gathered during the game.

At the end of any scenario there will be loot to gather by the victorious Warband. (Extra Renown)

Every Renown level earned another Arm Ring is added to the force pool

Sounds quite a lot but after studying it a bit it's like a Campaign book.

After achieving the highest renown status the narrative can either be ended or continued in the form of an Heir etc.

Let me know what you think and if anyone would be up for giving this narrative idea a go!

Attached Files
.pdf   Writing a Saga - Part One.pdf (Size: 292.87 KB / Downloads: 358)
.pdf   Writing a Saga - Part Two.pdf (Size: 385.78 KB / Downloads: 323)
.pdf   Writing a Saga - Part Three.pdf (Size: 1.93 MB / Downloads: 357)
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
Not looked at any of the detail, but I like the sound of this Dan.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'm up for a SAGA campaign.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Had a scan through the blurb - looks interesting.

Count me in... Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
just had a thought for a Saga campaign, in a Games of Thrones style. We could draw up a fantasy map, every player has a country, plus a neutral country in the middle. The King that has kept the continent from war has died, leaving no heirs, and now everyone is staking their own claim to the Throne. At the start of the campaign, each player has 5 + 5d6 worth of saga points to populate their armies . Each army can only be a max of 7 pts of Saga troops, so splitting their points they can garrison their own land, plus invasion forces and border defences. No min limit, but 1pt is not going to win many battles. So gameplay on the map could go like the original rules for Mighty Empires, but battles are decided in a game of Saga. Discuss.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Yes deffo up for this (still!!!)Tongue
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Sounds awesome I'm up for this
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Ok , just need people to list what saga faction they will use, the name of their country and the name of the leader, so I can populate the land.

I will be using Saracens, land is called Karsse, and my leader is called Al Akremedi, Sultan of Karsse.
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
Then once we have that info, we can roll for forces, then distribute them into bands. Each band between 1 and 7 pts, with a naked leader. You must also have a force between 1 and 4 pts in the capital with your ambassador.
Malifaux - Gremlins
I'll use Welsh, land is called Ceredigion, my leader is called Meurig.