Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Games Expo 2015
Very tired today, took my 6 yr old Sophie with me. Played a lot of games, really liked castle panic, and jam sumo. Also had a go at pathfinder and dust. Had a chat with Alessio, and he showed me the scholars of Arnie and Sarah Conner. Absolutely amazing likenesses.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
I was going to pick up Genysis, but decide I will wait for it to hit the discount retailers. I did pick up some games to play with a mate when I visit next week. Last time we played X-Wing, Poo and Love Letter. Now I can add Sopio, Cockroach Poker and I'll take up King of Tokyo now I have the expansion. Also grabbed some more X-Wing, to add to my collection.

Next time I'll take my Niece, as I was trying to find things for her to play. Perhaps it will be easier with her in tow, but at 3 she is a little for me to take.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I have Genysis being delivered this week!
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
(31-05-2015, 10:37 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I have Genysis being delivered this week!

Would love to try a game of this sometime!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
We didn't pick up that much (still have a lot of unopened games at home!) but Sophie took a shine to Dino Race so we grabbed a copy of that after a quick test game. Turned out to be a very good family game.

I did pick up a few figures for SBH from the excellent Otherworld range.

Also caught up with Colin from Battlesystems - he's hoping to join us for a game sometime soon.

Oh yeah, also had a demo of Relics.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
enjoyed saturday, the additional food options were very welcome and good.

did several demos
Guildball - Seemed like a fun game but the price point for entry seemed too high for me, 65 for 6 models? its GW pricing and ive been trying to get away from that.
Six, fun simple dice game that i actually ended up buying
Devil's Run - this was still on KS when i was there (no finished) really fun game but the guy selling it really needed to not keep talking about how the "advanced rules that arent part of the KS will make the game, those will be a purchasable expansion later, without those the game has limited replayability" apparently theyll be putting those rules in the core box next year when it goes to retail. so i'll wait.

Disappointing, no demo for Rise of the Kage, its 2-3 months from release and you cant have a demo set up? poor.

Purchases?
LotR card game core set and a couple of expansions
Six
Tales of Arabian Nights (really fun storytelling board game)
Malifaux limited ed Performer model from the Bring and Buy for a stupidly cheap price.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Something else I forgot to mention was that the organiser chap I was talking to was saying that they would like to see more clubs hosting miniature games (he's a a wargamer himself). There's talk of a Viking / Saxon presence at the event next year, so there might be scope to run a SAGA table if that is something we'd like to consider.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Would be fun
Malifaux - Gremlins
I had Carnevale delivered last week, so maybe we could demo that with some of Battle systems dungeon?
Malifaux - Gremlins
(01-06-2015, 09:29 AM)Stuart Wrote: Something else I forgot to mention was that the organiser chap I was talking to was saying that they would like to see more clubs hosting miniature games (he's a a wargamer himself).

Which is a nice of them, but after we did the table last time, Simon was presented with a form, asking if we wanted to do a game table, and a set of charges for the privilege. Put me off trying and helping the Expo out in future.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen