Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automated fire & skyfire
Am thinking of getting a vengeance weapon battery with the quad icarus lascannon upgrade to see if this will help with my lack of AA cover.

Special Rules
Sentry Defence System: A building with this special rule can use automated fire against enemy units, even if it is unoccupied. In addition, the enemy units can shoot at and charge a building with this special rule, even if it is unoccupied.

My questions are
1Does automated fire mean that you shoot at the nearest enemy or at any enemy with BS2.
2If it means at the nearest, if you have SKYFIRE can to choose to use it to shoot at the nearest flyer, rather than the nearest unit.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Some points of interest from firestorm redoubt, taken from stronghold assault-
Quote:Fully Automated: Emplaced weapons on a Firestorm Redoubt can only fire using the automated fire rule:
models occupying a Firestorm Redoubt cannot use the manual fire rule to fire any of its emplaced weapons.

Primary Target: Emplaced weapons on a Firestorm Redoubt that have the Skyfire special rule must fire at the
nearest enemy Flyer or Flying Monstrous Creature unit within range and line of sight. If no enemy unit of either
of these types is within range or line of sight, that emplaced weapon must instead fire at the nearest enemy unit
within range and line of sight.

I can't find anything saying that you have to fire at closest enemy apart from in the redoubts profile. So my assumption is that you can fire vengeance weapon battery at what you like.

Vengeance profile and rules so others can discuss-
Quote:Composition: 1 Vengeance Weapon Battery. If an additional Vengeance Weapon Battery is purchased (see
below), each is deployed as a separate fortification.
Terrain Type: Impassable Building (Armour Value 14).
Access Points & Fire Points: None.
Weapons: One emplaced punisher gatling cannon.
Special Rules:
Sentry Defence System: A building with this special rule can use automated fire against enemy units, even if it
is unoccupied. In addition, enemy units can shoot at and charge a building with this special rule, even if it is
unoccupied.
Options:
• May add one additional Vengeance Weapon Battery....75 pts
• May replace any punisher gatling cannon with:
- Battle cannon....10 pts/model
- Quad Icarus lascannon....free
• Each Vengeance Weapon Battery may take items from the Obstacles list.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
That's about all I could find out also. The Firestorm Redoubt rules we just confusing me slightly.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance