Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Ilford 19/10/14
Saga Sunday at Ilford
Ilford Wargames Group is running a Saga event on 19th October 2014 at their club.
This event will be over three rounds with 6 point warbands. The terrain will be set. All published warbands lists with all heroes etc are welcome (including Cross and Crescent if published in time). Please send an 8 point list to the organisers at least a week before the event.
At present pre-booked entry charge of £7 for guests and £5 for members (pay on the day). These prices may reduce if sufficient numbers.

The plan is to staff the kitchen so hot food is available all day as well as hot and cold drinks.

First round will be singles on a 4’ table.
Second round will be Doubles on an 8’ wide table. The first round opponents are now allies.
Third round a Grand battle with all the players on one table using “Bloodfest” scenario. The second round opponents are now allies.
I would like to thank Gripping Beast for their support with the trophies and prizes.
Please contact dave Clarke (0208 4409430) or Trevor Cooper with any queries. Emails o54881@yahoo.co.uk or shadow_dreamer1@hotmail.com

I plan to put novices with veterans in the first round. That way after three games we’ll have a lot of proficient players.

Might be tempted to do this. Falls on a Sunday, and shouldn't be too big an issue getting to, considering its in the smoke.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Sounds an interesting event. Could be tempted and happy to drive.
Or could we run similar event more locally?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
The event format sounds interesting. That third "Bloodfest" round sounds like something fun we could try one week at the club.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I won't be able to make this unfortunately but some allies or bloodfest scenario at the club sounds cool.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari