Poll: Do you get a jink of a scattering blast/other non targeting weapons?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you jink if you are hit by scattering blast?
Another one i have come across this morning.

With the changes to jink in 7th, you declare jinks before you roll to hit.

Now what happens if that blast scatters off onto a vehicle that wasn't targeted?

New RAW is that you wouldn't get a jink, as you were never targeted.

Opinions?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I would personally say you cant! The only situation you could is if a blast is initially placed over models from two units.
As a rule of thumb, yes I will be allowing the choice of jink/no jink if a scatter goes onto something not targeted/under initial blast. The other option is that every vehicle/unit in the vicinity has to declare before shots fired?

Yeah the the opinion on other forum is that as RAW, you can't.

The compromise presented is as you mentioned Rob, declare a Jink with vehicles in the vicinity before the blast is placed/rolled for scatter. Makes it risky in that you could jink and it not scatter onto you or decide not to and it could scatter on to you with no jink save allowed. Personally, i like this house rule as it has equal risk and reward.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm not sure how fair it will be on balance. I was going to say but never got round to it.. I think the way I'd like to play it is just say that if a scatter doesn't hit the "intended" target and hits another after scatter that can jink then just ask at the time of hitting. The rules are ambiguous so happy to play pretty much any way

one way I can think of doing this is:

I shoot at a tank with a blast weapon, the owner of tank decides to jink before I do my scatter, so that tank is now jinking.

I roll scatter the shell lands on another tank missing the intended target, at this point I've completed the hit roll, but in the spirit of being fair I ask the owner if he would like that tank to jink as well. the targeted tank has still declared that it is jinking and so get the full benefit of jinking as normal

so at the end of the hit section of the blast weapon up to 2 tanks may be jinking or not from one shot.

I think that's the fairest way to play it
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I agree with how sam put it

Agreed with posts above. RAW it seems that this isn't permitted but I think that's a sensible compromise, so potentially you could have two vehicles jinking. Like manrogue says, equal risk and reward.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55