Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMING VENUES
I am looking for a venue where about 6 people can meetup to play 40k on largish tables.

Somewhere a bit like Warhammer World.

I know some of the guys have been taking about a converted church? but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Sanctuary?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
That would be the one.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Yeah the sanctuary is ace!! Nice little coffee shop and decent tables! About the samw
Distance as warhammer world n you have to pay to use tables (only a few pounds)
I have heard that there are temperature issues (I am assuming its very cold in winter,) but I don't see it being a problem if your off during the summer.

Another possible option being Stafford Games unit. Again though it's pay to play.

To be honest that could have saved Maelstroms venue, if they hadn't offered venue hire for free, or even general usage (it did change at the end,) but the store was run by an idiot anyway so I'm sure it was destined for the drain.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
How large a table do you need? At TW I can easily assemle large runs of tables currently, 6" by 16" etc, and we have enough Realms of Battle to cover them.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Yup I was going to suggest TW as a possible for you, plenty of space and terrain, snacks, and a nice little cafe round the corner. Simon is yer man!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(26-06-2014, 03:55 PM)wako13 Wrote: I am looking for a venue where about 6 people can meetup to play 40k on largish tables.

Somewhere a bit like Warhammer World.

I know some of the guys have been taking about a converted church? but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called.

TW have gaming tablings (as you're aware)

Sanctuary (Mansfield)

Dream Like Gaming (Mansfield)

Warhammer World (Nottingham) can call and reserve tables IIRC

Even the community hall we all play at can be hired out for a day/afternoon etc.

Located on the farm land where I run my Scalextric Club I have the use of two old school rooms. The types of prefab , apex roofed buildings us older ones will remember. I am in the process of making a start at renovating them. Each will hold a thirty feet by 6 feet table. Once complete I will make these available to the club.

I realise I am a new member here but have been gaming for thirty years plus and have organised a number of `Big Games` along the lines of D Day and Arnhem. I mostly enjoy larger games with around 6 people involved as a minimum. I also prefer to leave games set up where it needs more than a day or two to complete.

Once I get these buildings sorted I will report back - they will then be available through Stu to book etc. I am based in Sambourne, near Studley. Anyone interested in doing a bit of basic wood work or
painting etc please give me a shout. This is my hobby and not a money maker.

Cheers

Jon
" Target Stop!"
That sounds fantastic Jon! Count me in for helping out, although after you see the results of my handiwork you may wish to withdraw that invitation Wink
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."