Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jink & Cover saves
I just wanted to clarify whether cover & jink stacks? For instance, one of my venoms is hiding behind ruins(4+), it gets shot at and declares jink. Is it's cover save now boosted from 4+ to 2+?

My reckoning is it should stack, just like going to ground in cover would boost your cover save from 4+ to 3+ but I just wanted some other opinions.

Cheers.
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
I don't think it does as it is a version of cover save and not a modifier. Stealth and shrouded stack as modify the cover save whereas Jink and a ruin (as an example) you would choose the better one. Same with GtG, its a modifier.
There is nothing in the jink rules that says it stacks (at least in my PDF of seventh), and you would need something in there that says you can stack them. Jink text below to add to the convo-

Quote:Jink
When a unit with any models with the Jink special rule is selected as a target for a shooting attack, you may declare that it will Jink. The decision must be made before any To Hit rolls have been made. If the unit Jinks, all models in the unit with this special rule gain a 4+ cover save until the start of their next Movement phase, but they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn.

Thats my reading of the rule, but of course other people may interpret it differently. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Just to add again, this is the go to ground rule-
Quote:Go to Ground
If warriors come under fire, they may decide to keep their heads down to try and stay alive a little longer while they wait for extraction or reinforcements. After the enemy has rolled To Hit and To Wound against any of your non-vehicle units, but before any saves are made or Wounds allocated, you can declare that the unit is Going to Ground. To represent this, place a suitable marker next to the unit as a reminder.

• Models in a unit that has Gone to Ground immediately receive +1 to their cover saving throws.
• Models in open ground can still Go to Ground by diving to the floor (or using some other evasion technique) and receive a 6+ cover save, even if they are not 25% obscured
Bolded the key bit missing from Jink, allowance to improve the existing cover save.
Blood bowl Skaven
Jinks does not stack with cover :p

Nor does stealth and shrouded, it specifically states may no combine.

Wait, are you saying stealth and shrouded can't be combined this edition?

My PDF says it does?-....
Quote:Shrouded
The source of the darkness around these warriors matters not – only a lucky shot has any chance of piercing the shroud that hides them from view.
unit that contains at least one model with this special rule counts its cover save as being 2 points better than normal. Note that this means a model with the Shrouded special rule always has a cover save of at least 5+, even if it’s in the open.
Cover save bonuses from the Shrouded and Stealth special rules are cumulative (to a maximum of a 2+ cover save).
Quote:Stealth
Some warriors are masters of disguise and concealment, able to fade into the ruin of a battlefield until they are ready to strike.
A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule counts its cover saves as being 1 point better than normal. Note that this means that a model with the Stealth special rule always has a cover save of at least 6+, even if it is in the open. This rule is often presented as Stealth (X) where X indicates a specific type of terrain, such as Stealth (Woods) or Stealth (Ruins). If this is the case, the unit only gains the benefit whilst it is in terrain of the specified type.
Bolded bit where it says it does, or am i misinterpreting you Rob?
Blood bowl Skaven
Thanks for the clarification.

I think rob meant shrouded doesn't stack with jink btw Vince.
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
(17-06-2014, 04:10 PM)CheZZoR Wrote: Thanks for the clarification.

I think rob meant shrouded doesn't stack with jink btw Vince.

WIll have to read the rulebook again lol...

I'm 100% sure I've read somewhere that Shrouded does not stack with Stealth.

Shrouded does stack with Jink, same as Stealth does.

So you can get a 2+ cover save Wink

P 172 and P 170 both state shrouded and stealth can combine up to a maximum 2+ cover save
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(23-06-2014, 09:31 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: P 172 and P 170 both state shrouded and stealth can combine up to a maximum 2+ cover save

Yeah mate, no idea where I picked that up from, lol.

Spoke to vince the other week to confirm what you said. Can be combined.