Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alan's Hobby Log
Forgot to post some recent bits I've finished...

2x Kievs and a San Fran in time for UKGE..

[Image: skwexh.jpg]

[Image: hsjcr4.jpg]

...and the other two scout sentinels from the squadron with some more nail art decals, this time with playing card theme.

[Image: uoahe.jpg]

[Image: fm5t7t.jpg]

[Image: 32zrmna.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
All looking good Alan, those decals work well on those sentinels.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Bit of a hobby drought, the hot weather makes hobbying in my office hard work, but just finished a few more guardsmen to flesh out another squad...

[Image: 2622ss0.jpg]

..also a sneak peak at my next project I'm working on for escalation, the crew for my Basilisk.
[Image: nf1max.jpg]

I've also (between painting the above) painted up a test Deathwatch model with all this talk of kill team. I really like the idea of 5x elite dudes and did quite a quick job/scheme with him using drybrushed grey with black washes for the armour, and a final edge highlight. I like the effect and it's way quicker than the traditional GW recess wash and edge highlight.

[Image: 29mkrcm.jpg]

[Image: 16k1jck.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
great work!!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Some terrain I recently finished for Kill Team from the original Knight Renegade box I had lying around.

[Image: 30nc09v.jpg]

[Image: 1z6awco.jpg]
Finished my Basilisk. Not a fan of the gun shield on the basilisk, and would have loved a Vanaheim pattern Basilisk but forge world have stopped making them. I saw this idea on a blog and thought it'd be cool to copy it. It's the flexible sandbags from Green Stuff Industries.

[Image: 2itq8wn.jpg]

[Image: 2meof28.jpg]
Finished Steelheart's Champions for Shadespire

[Image: 9h0zgi.jpg]
Just finished the first set of models for my Space Wolf kill team.

[Image: xqjj12.jpg]

Did a bit of kitbashing with the Primaris intercessors, and added a grenade launcher as an Auxiliary Grenade Launcher.
looking great as always Alan!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Long time no post.

Not done a lot of painting recently or over the Christmas break, and only been working on a few bits off and on.

Finished Spiteclaws swarm for Warhammer underworlds
[Image: 33aarz6.jpg]

...and my Blood Angels smash captain
[Image: 2vw5qc9.jpg]
[Image: 5lnv4y.jpg]