Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
Yeah, i have this horrible feeling that we might see 40k this year, WFB next year, rinse repeat so every year they are selling a rulebook.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
which would be horrific.

Im trying really hard not to say im done wth 40k, but im not inspired by any of this. Im also having more fun playing a lot of other games.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I was talking to a friend the other day, mainly about why I don't like 40k. He on the other hand had quite the opposite view (despite being an England WFB player.) However he did say he would never play a standard game of 40k with set lists again. He is very much of the opinion that the game plays best, when people are playing for fun, all my Orcs, vs your Blood Angels all equipped with Jump Packs. He seems to think the way forward with the system is more narrative games not worrying about balance, so if 7th promoted that I know one person whom would be in favour.

I on the other hand still don't see anything for me in the system.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(06-05-2014, 03:38 PM)Gareth Wrote: I was talking to a friend the other day, mainly about why I don't like 40k. He on the other hand had quite the opposite view (despite being an England WFB player.) However he did say he would never play a standard game of 40k with set lists again. He is very much of the opinion that the game plays best, when people are playing for fun, all my Orcs, vs your Blood Angels all equipped with Jump Packs. He seems to think the way forward with the system is more narrative games not worrying about balance, so if 7th promoted that I know one person whom would be in favour.

I on the other hand still don't see anything for me in the system.

I would certainly be in favour of that more narrative type of game. I get the feeling this is what GW have in mind when they design the ruleset. There's so many "Forge the Narrative" type boxes all over the current 6th Ed rulebook, I really think they had no intention of designing a game specifically for competitive play. You get the feeling they design the rules to be "Play what is cool" and want you to buy loads of different models.

The "unbound" no FOC does sound pants on head crazy. Hopefully the benefits to "battle forged" lists are such that they are a decent option when compared to just bringing six Riptides.

I for one will still be playing 40K, as I'm hopelessly addicted to it and love the artstyle/fluff/armies. I'm very interested in the 'Maelstrom of War' type missions, where there are effectively multiple victory conditions that are asymmetrical, giving all types of lists a good chance of snatching a win.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Fluff? Who cares about that!-
[Image: 10269362_453231711446950_6273004553695180882_n.jpg]
Blood bowl Skaven
The people at the top of GW just decided to take magic mushrooms, acid and do 20 jaeger bombs each then sit down to write a rulebook while smashed out there heads! What are they doing...

I would like to see this in text and might get the rulebook... after all it's my birthday at the end of the month... but over the past 2 months I've become more and more disillusioned with GW. I'm not sure about the game being unbalanced etc, because everyone will have access to this none FOC, then surely that allows a balance because all armies can cover there weaknesses then no armies have weaknesses, so this will bring a fundamental balance to the game :p

Just seems to be getting crazy, that text about Ezekial turning into a bloodthirster is just mental.
[Image: shark.jpg]
Blood bowl Skaven
thats so every space marine player buys the daemon models just in case. its all just a shameless ploy to try to make people buy everything.

honestly, its annoys me a lot, it shouldn't but it really does.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I know what you mean Ben, we've invested time, effort and money into something that seems to be making bad decision after bad decision...

Not sure what's going to happen to the competitive side either, I mean, that's what's dragged me back into the hobby and I'm sure many many others...

the thing is i actually enjoyed the competitive side for a while. i really enjoyed the three Battlefield birminghams i did but its just gone nuts now.

as you say, bad decision on bad decision.

and as i said there are other games im enjoying more, malifaux especially
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss