Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
Some new rumours-
Quote:Following up on this week's report of GW ramping up for 7th Edition in May, here's the latest batch of info doing the rounds on the book itself:

These two sets of rumors broke within the last few hours and are doing the rounds:

Quote: via DakkaDakka's: krazynadechukr
Just wanted to throw in something my Memphis GW source clued me in on.

Apparently (as we all know) there is a "new" rulebook coming out, and it is a corrected/updated version of 6th (not being referred to as either 6.5 or 7th, but unofficially as "Revised 6th" at hq in Memphis), with escalation and strong added in the book, amongst other books/supps, d weapons, and some other stuff. 673 pages, $99.99. New cover. There will be new templates and starter box, plus other items. For GW, they want this to be the same big fanfare of a new (40k reawakening) release, new rules, for newcomers, but keep current players (happy?).

For those who have 6th, and the other books, there's going to be a faq pdf so you can use current books still, apparently. This will be good for another 3 to 4 years.

So I'm being told... (same guy who told me of website change, scions, and astra name/codex...)

Quote:via Lords of War Facebook page:
7e 40K Rulebook comes in a slipcase with 3 books – rules, miniatures showcase, background
This kinda makes sense to me, i would probably buy the new starter set and maybe keep the BA and rulebook etc and sell the orks to get a good chunk of my money back. Did it with Dark vengence and got a free rulebook and made about £10-20. Tongue
Do like the idea of not having to buy a new rulebook if you already have one.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
40k open day announced on blog. Which all but confirms the new edition.

Unless they introduce shooting modifiers, or line of sight, I'll pass.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(01-05-2014, 03:57 PM)Gareth Wrote: 40k open day announced on blog. Which all but confirms the new edition.

Unless they introduce shooting modifiers, or line of sight, I'll pass.

Shooting modifers I can agree with, but not sure what you mean by LoS?

im guessing los arcs for models? so that the positioning of the model matters?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Wd leak-
[Image: mRU59uo.jpg]
[Image: 9IakTiS.jpg]
From Natfka:

Quote:via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
The FoC chart is still in the new 40k edition and if you follow it you have what is known as a "Battle Forged" army. It awards (unlisted) bonuses for using the FoC.You can also take a unbound army, these allow you to take whatever you want from your collection and toss out the FoC (while still adhering to unit size and heeding the relationships described in the new Allies Matrix.

Another thing is objective cards, so the objectives of the game can change each turn. The deck will be 36 cards.

There is also a physic phase confirmed now. A pool of warp charge dice is created at the start of the psychic phase, equal to 1d6 + mastery lvl of psychers. You can use as many dice as you like, but increase risk of perils of the warp (which is now a table you roll on.) Enemy psychers can draw on warp charge pool to Deny the Witch and nulify powers.

Also Eternal warrior missions still exist but in addition there are 6 new Maelstrom of War Missions.

via another anonymous source on Faeit 212
Additional information that a Battle Forged list can take as many detachments as they wish, and still get bonus's.. The Unbound lists, is very much whatever you want to throw in to do a battle, and you get to choose which you want to play, and your opponent can do the same.
Bagsy a Six riptide, two wraithknight army. lol
Blood bowl Skaven
I'll wait to actually see all this in print before i actually make a final decision, but none of this appeals at all.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah, "jumping the shark" comes to mind.

I thought this was already in play (apoc vs "standard 40k") so can't understand why there is the need to bring unbound lists in?

I'm sure people are going to love it when i turn up with the above mentioned, "legal" 6 tides 2 wraithknights list. Lolz.

Got to be honest, not liking the sound of this at all.
Blood bowl Skaven
I really want to see more balance in 40k, not less. Hoping these bonuses are good enough to counteract the spam, but won't hold my breath.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Lol, i can see the bonus already.

Unbound lists can't take warlord traits!
Plus roll a D6 on this table and get a sub standard USR.

Agree, was looking for 7th to restore a bit more balance to 40k, instead it looks to be going the complete opposite.

Will see what happens when the BRB is in hand but with the rumours of escalation and stronghold assault rolled in, i think this could be the most unbalanced edition of 40k yet.

Also does this mean we are on 2 year rulebook cycles now?
Blood bowl Skaven
Quote:2 year rulebook cycles now
this has got me quite annoyed.

less balance is the way im seeing this too, the "bonus's" for taking FOC i strongly doubt will be sufficient to penalise anyone who decides to ignore it.

I may be being very cynical but it seems a move on GW's part to just sell models, all of their models and to let anyone use anything regardless of any sort of internal balance. more proof that GW doesn't actually care about their fanbase?
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss