Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
This broke last night-

Quote:A source on faeit212 claims release date for 7th 40k edition is 31st May, preorder date 24th May.

Quote:anonymous source on Faeit 212 wrote:i can confirm that 7th edition will be released on 24th of may. As off today all rulebooks are removed from the shop floors and known lossed.
(...)
I think the pre order date for the new rule book is the 24th. So sale on the week after. Most shops should have a poster with a commissar on it in there shops. And the date 24th war is coming or something in those lines.

In North America, the 6th edition rulebook is listed as "No longer available", while in UK you can't order it either (but without any text about availability), but all other language editions are available. Edit: All other language versions can't be order either now.

Quote: Young_Logan wrote:
I can confirm that they have been taken of the shelves and no longer sell in store in the UK as I was in this afternoon as was told about this as I am a regular and that we are told to look to the white dwarf to tell us more in the up coming weeks.

Old rumours:

Quote:40k Radio wrote:The big 40k rumor is: This summer GW will release 7th edition 40k , and 9th edition Fantasy has been shelved, for now.
(...)
All right before all of you blow us up step back and take a deep breath. This is from the source that have us pictures of the Space Marines and the Codex a month early. Also gave us pics of the Dark Elves which we described accurately a month early. Also gave us the info on the Sentinels of Terra. He also let us know that Nids were in January NOT December like so many other rumors sites predicted. So yeah he has been very accurate with the info he has given us. They way it was explained to us is that 7th Edition will be made to include the new Escalation and Stronghold rules. I would also not be surprised to see the Dataslates added to the main rule book.

Yes this is a rumor at this stage so take it with a grain of salt. But then again everything out source has said has come true. Only time will tell. Have a Merry Christmas with your families and don't let this put a knot in your undies.

Quote: anymous source on faeit212 wrote:40k 7th edition and the new starter kit Beachhead Stygia. It is small kit, with only five scouts, five blood angels, a commander with jump pack, five meganobs, 10 armoured ork shootas including a nob with two-handed axe and 10 gretchins. There are some destroyed columns, destroyed gothic stone walls and a three-piece stone bridge carried by gargoyles. It has a 96 page book, but only about the half is used for rules including three scenarios. Expert rules like all vehicle-related stuff are omitted completely. There are a handful of dice, a ruler, but no blast markers.

At the same time, there will be a new starter painting kit with 10 snapfit miniatures that will bring the tactical marines from the starter box to a full squad size and gives the ork player 5 additional boyz. It has a 48 page booklet with additional scenarios and hobby guides, brushes, basing sand and glue.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
seems a bit quick to be changing the entire rule set. is it still assumed that this will be just a roll in of all the additional rules ie escalation, all the changes to the FOC etc?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
No idea, would go off the 40k radio guys rumour (which is escalation and stronghold assault being added in) if it is true and with them saying it is, seems likely as they have been spot on about a lot (including Knights codex which no one bar them predicted).

There have been a lot of rumours regarding this, including going to back a percentage based system ie 25% max HQ, 25% min troops etc. Out of interest, would that kill many deathstars? At 1850pts, would give you about 462 pts to spend in each department bar troops, if it is true and the 25% limit is there.

Would also prevent a lot of lords of war being used, especially the better ones like the revenant/warhound.

It does look likely though, with a lot of people on dakka reporting that they have been advised to wait before buying rulebooks.
Blood bowl Skaven
Should be interesting.

a friend of mine heard that GW might, be doing a rulebook part exchange on the hardbacks.

I'll believe it when i see it
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Lol, yeah i will definitely believe it when i see it.

I am curious to see if they tidy things up, as currently it is a nightmare keeping track of everything. You have the main codex for an army, usually a supplement, then character/formation dataslates etc and no FAQs recently to fix the issues that have arisen for a year or so.

Should be an interesting month on the rumours front.
Blood bowl Skaven
Seems like I only just got the last rule book...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yep, shortest 40k edition ever at less than 2 years i think.

Bit more-

Quote: Jimmy Ellwood over at Warseer wrote:Just seen an email sent to all GW store managers at 8.40pm last night advising them to remove the 40k rulebook from their stores on Wednesday as it isn't to be sold anymore. If customers ask for it they are to advise them to check out white dwarf.

All the UK store managers are in their managers meeting today so I am sure will be getting their full brief on what is happening.

Quote: lethlis over at Warseer wrote:I am interested in seeing that the psychic cards were pulled as well. Implies that they are doing an overhaul of the powers. Probably reduce the power of diviniation a little bit or change the language and probably increase the powers of other lores.
Blood bowl Skaven
I think we've only just got to grips with the new rules as only in the last 6 months have the true power builds been unleashed!

A bit more-
Quote:Kroothawk wrote
I have heard more indications that indeed:
1.) New edition is coming end of the month
2.) 6th edition rulebook and starter box are OOP
3.) New starter will be BA vs. Orks.
4.) Escalation and stronghold are included in the new rulebook.
Blood bowl Skaven