Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce yourself...
Hi All

I discovered RWS via a google search and was surprised to find a club fairly local, I'm in Bromsgrove (someone has to be)! Anyway I'm a wargamer and modeller, and doesn't the bank manager know it!
I see from the forums that many of you game sci-fi and fantasy, I tend to prefer historical, I returned to the hobby a few years ago and i'm frantically assembling various collections.
so far on the go I have; most are still very much in progress! but getting there :-)

6mm
Napoleonics (General de Brigade, In the Grand manner,)

10mm
Seven years war (Maurice)
ACW ( long road north, Picketts charge)
AWI ( British Grenadier)

15mm
WW2 U.S and German at present (chain of command)
Also building a pacific collection U.S and Japanese

28mm
Afghanistan (Force on Force)
Napoleonic (sharp Practice)

I shall stop wittering and say hello, and good to see some gamers locally!
Hello vlad and welcome!

A few of our chaps do dabble in historical, and we've seen games of Sharp Practice, Chain of Command and Bolt Action amongst others.

Feel free to pop along one week for a look round and a chat.

Hope to meet you soon.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi Vlad
Welcome to RWS.
Happy to find someone who plays too fat Lardie rules. I play both ww2 and napoloenics both 28mmm.[/u]

Cheers
Paul
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Stuart and Paul, many thanks both for the kind words, when and where do you meet?
(10-07-2017, 12:01 PM)vlad Wrote: Stuart and Paul, many thanks both for the kind words, when and where do you meet?

We meet every Tuesday at the Windmill Community Centre on Rye Grass Lane, details here: http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=76. Pretty easy to find if you're coming from the Bromsgrove Highway.
That's nice and easy, thanks Stuart, I will try and drag my carcass over at some point very soon.
Hi all, sorry if I’ve sent this twice! I messaged the group 6 months ago but couldn’t come along due to commitments. I live in Redditch, play Blood Bowl and am building a Chaos 40k army but am yet to play a game.

Would it be possible to come along for a Blood Bowl friendly, as I believe you have a league running already?
(17-11-2017, 09:51 AM)amnvespa Wrote: Hi all, sorry if I’ve sent this twice! I messaged the group 6 months ago but couldn’t come along due to commitments. I live in Redditch, play Blood Bowl and am building a Chaos 40k army but am yet to play a game.

Would it be possible to come along for a Blood Bowl friendly, as I believe you have a league running already?
Hi, plenty of people looking for 40k games, and the blood bowl league is just coming to an end - it will probably restart in the new year if there is enough interest so keep an eye on the blood bowl section of the forum.

If you are wanting a game, the best thing to do is post on the appropriate week in the Weekly Meetings section of the forum.

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(17-11-2017, 12:51 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(17-11-2017, 09:51 AM)amnvespa Wrote: Hi all, sorry if I’ve sent this twice! I messaged the group 6 months ago but couldn’t come along due to commitments. I live in Redditch, play Blood Bowl and am building a Chaos 40k army but am yet to play a game.

Hi, plenty of people looking for 40k games, and the blood bowl league is just coming to an end - it will probably restart in the new year if there is enough interest so keep an eye on the blood bowl section of the forum.

If you are wanting a game, the best thing to do is post on the appropriate week in the Weekly Meetings section of the forum.

Chris

Hello and welcome!

All of what Chris said basically, and you shouldn't have any trouble arranging a "casual" game of Blood Bowl outside of any league - plenty of folks always up for a game. Look forward to meeting you.
Thanks both, I’ll certainly do that, I’ve got a Chaos and Chaos Dwarf team raring to go

Andy