Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA UK Grand Melee 2014 - 7th & 8th June
Well that's been an interesting day.

Game 1, basic game lost 18-16. My opponent I first met in 2012, at GenCon. Conrad despite recently doing two podcasts on SAGA, had managed to forget most of the rules. Going into the last turn, I charged 4 Hearthguard into 11 Levy, knowing most wouldn't be attacking. He managed to kill one Hearthguard, and I got two Levy. That meant a draw of 17-16, would have been 17-17 if I got another Levy and he hadn't scored the kill in my HG.

Game 2, was a terrain capturing game. Welsh on Welsh against Chris Charlton. The game was going fine until we both pushed into the centre for the hill. Despite volleys of fire, I couldn't shift one stubborn Hearthguard, and it swung the game massively (I had killed 5, but about 15 shots bounced off the last.) With Chris scoring 8 points in one round, at turn 5, there was little I could then do. Chris was fairly new to SAGA so my coaching role, supplying him with options, saw him choose the right one, and unfortunately I couldn't stop him scoring the points in the end, that saw him claim victory. 22-18 loss.

The last game of the day and I'm up against Mark Birch and Welsh again. This saw Mark score an early taunt on some Warrior Cav. Once they were dispatched, I was then chasing points, and unfortunately things didn't go my way. Mark played it well, and won convincingly, although I did kill his Warlord 4 times to 3 (scenario had armies facing off, and Warlord slugging it out, with what would be a kill granting one VP.) Mark showed why he was on three wins (event has a semi-random pairing.)

Goody bag, was somewhat interesting. The exclusives are very nice. Miniature, transfers and tokens. Looking forward to a less early start tomorrow, and hopefully getting some wins on the board.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
UK Grand Melee 2014 - 7th & 8th June - by Stuart - 05-03-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: UK Grand Melee 2014 - 7th & 8th June - by Gareth - 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM