Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA UK Grand Melee 2014 - 7th & 8th June
Quote:The UK Grand Melee 2014 will take place on Saturday and Sunday, 7th and 8th June 2014 at Firestorm Games, 8a Trade Street, Penarth, Cardiff CF10 5DT. Tickets are available from http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.ph...t_id=16220

It is possible for a limited number of players to enter for one day only, though the main prizes are only available to those who play both days. One day tickets will be available from 1st April.
The cost of entry is £40 or £22 for a single day only. Lunch is included on both days.

Details:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2011...202014.pdf
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Going to have to see if I can get the Saturday off.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Might have to give this one a go
40k - Orks
Ok I'm going to try and get time off for this sorted. I should be in attendance.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Time off sorted folks. I have a full week off, so I could be painting a new army for the event.

Who is in for this? I have family in Barry so could sort myself free accommodation, but if room shares are what people are after, it's best to get everything sorted ASAP.
BTW apparently I have a habit of snoring from time to time, but being asleep, I can neither confirm or deny. Ask Alan for more information.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ticket sorted
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok word is this is definitely on. However the official thread, asks to push for more attendees, seeing as ticket sales are on the slow side.

Anyway for £30 you get to play at a decent venue, in the greatest city in the greatest country on Earth, and receive

An EXCLUSIVE GM Standard Bearer figure that will not be available elsewhere. He will come with a detachable SAGA GM 2014 base so you can either display him on his stand or base him up for use in your warbands.
An EXCLUSIVE SAGA GM 2014 LBMS Banner and shield transfer for use with the GM Standard Bearer.
A set of EXCLUSIVE SAGA GM 2014 Fatigue markers (by 4Ground)
A discount voucher for SAGA purchases on the day (Full Trade Stand in attendance.)

If we can get a few of us in attendance, I'll get Dice Bag Annie to create a Red War Soc Woollen Spoon, so what's not to go for?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Having some issues with my car, which might scupper next weekends attendance. Round spherical objects, springs to mind.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Last night I got around to finishing off my Mounted Warlord. Did not realise that its a fixed 6 point list. So I am running my usual Welsh with Warlord, 3 x Hearthguard, 2 x Warriors, 1 x Levies. Done a little bit of touch up on some of the chips and rubs, but I am sure that I have missed a few spots. I'm not gunning for a best painted, so the odd duff bit, will not matter too much. Printed everything off, re-counted dice, etc. All thats left is pack an overnight bag, an actually getting to the venue. Feeling fine at the moment, but Im sure around 9am tomorrow, my usual pre-event nerves will be churning in my stomach.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Well that's been an interesting day.

Game 1, basic game lost 18-16. My opponent I first met in 2012, at GenCon. Conrad despite recently doing two podcasts on SAGA, had managed to forget most of the rules. Going into the last turn, I charged 4 Hearthguard into 11 Levy, knowing most wouldn't be attacking. He managed to kill one Hearthguard, and I got two Levy. That meant a draw of 17-16, would have been 17-17 if I got another Levy and he hadn't scored the kill in my HG.

Game 2, was a terrain capturing game. Welsh on Welsh against Chris Charlton. The game was going fine until we both pushed into the centre for the hill. Despite volleys of fire, I couldn't shift one stubborn Hearthguard, and it swung the game massively (I had killed 5, but about 15 shots bounced off the last.) With Chris scoring 8 points in one round, at turn 5, there was little I could then do. Chris was fairly new to SAGA so my coaching role, supplying him with options, saw him choose the right one, and unfortunately I couldn't stop him scoring the points in the end, that saw him claim victory. 22-18 loss.

The last game of the day and I'm up against Mark Birch and Welsh again. This saw Mark score an early taunt on some Warrior Cav. Once they were dispatched, I was then chasing points, and unfortunately things didn't go my way. Mark played it well, and won convincingly, although I did kill his Warlord 4 times to 3 (scenario had armies facing off, and Warlord slugging it out, with what would be a kill granting one VP.) Mark showed why he was on three wins (event has a semi-random pairing.)

Goody bag, was somewhat interesting. The exclusives are very nice. Miniature, transfers and tokens. Looking forward to a less early start tomorrow, and hopefully getting some wins on the board.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen