Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RedWarSoc Tournament (Maybe)
With the the table top planned for the 5th of April I thought I'd start a tournament thread to gauge interest, the date is not set in stone.

Club tournament

1850pts
3 games played over 1 day
Strict 2.45hrs per game – we’re on a limit, so dice down at 2.45hrs, no turn should be started unless both players can finish their turn.

What you will need: Transport to a from the gaming hall, food, army, dice, tapes and rules

All the usual codex’s, no forgeworld, no escalation, no stronghold, no dataslates

No list submission

Armies do not have to be painted.

Missions:

1: Crusade, Dawn of War Deployment
2: Purge the Alien, Hammer and Anvil Deployment
3: Scouring, Vanguard Strike Deployment

Winner of the primary and secondary missions combined wins the game, 5pts for winning the game, 3pts for a draw and 1 for a loss.

Winner will be decided on tournament pts (TPs) any ties on TPs, then a count back on total VPs throughout the event will decide the final places.

Will be looking for even numbers on a sign up basis (IE first come first serve, if we have 6 and a 7th player signs up and no further sign ups take place, only the original 6 players will be taking part, bar any drop outs later on)

Limited at 8 players for now due tables and terrain (could stretch to 10 depending on interest)

Interested Players:

Rob
Vince
Nick
Chris
Kevin
Terry

Yep i would be interested. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Me too
And me
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Where would this be held?
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
At the windmill community centre, the normal meet up, i would assume?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah i'd play, as long as the armies aren't being judged on painting/have to be completely painted Tongue
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Count me in then! Didn't realise it was for the tabletop day.
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
(22-01-2014, 09:56 PM)manrogue Wrote: At the windmill community centre, the normal meet up, i would assume?

Correct!

(22-01-2014, 10:59 PM)CheZZoR Wrote: Yeah i'd play, as long as the armies aren't being judged on painting/have to be completely painted Tongue

Good point Terry, armies do not have to be painted (original post amended).

(22-01-2014, 11:02 PM)Peachy Wrote: Count me in then! Didn't realise it was for the tabletop day.

Thats the plan for now... depends if that weekend is free.

What's the potential for opening this up (perhaps on an invitational basis) to a few people from other clubs?

If you'd rather keep it "in the family" then you might get away with just the small hall?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."