Poll: Who's going to Games Day 2011?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, a horde of rampaging Orcs couldn't keep me away.
63.64%
7 63.64%
Not a chance, I'm washing my dice.
9.09%
1 9.09%
Undecided.
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Day / Golden Demon 2011
I should be coming along with Sean, taking advantage of his youthfullness and getting a parent/guardian ticket if i can. Hopefully will buy them on friday when i get paid.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
There are just 150 tickets left to purchase online for Games Day according to the Games Workshop website, and tickets will not be available on the door this year. The stores might also have a few though.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(12-09-2011, 11:17 AM)Stuart Wrote: There are just 150 tickets left to purchase online for Games Day according to the Games Workshop website, and tickets will not be available on the door this year. The stores might also have a few though.

Thanks for the info Stuart - don't think we'll be able to make it this year. They certainly seem to have reduced entry numbers, which if they keep to the same layout as last year is going to mean even more dead space on the floors!
Well last year they added 1500 tickets and sold out. Ques for the FW were over an hour, GD rows of people deep. They took notice if the criticism and reduced the numbers again, not a bad thing personally.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
True. We spent a ridiculous amount of time at the unorganised FW stand; probably nearly as much trying to retrieve my GD entry... Yet with a lot of the stands and activities they used to have nit present, other areas were lifeless. The whole thing struck me as badly planned last year.
It did seem mad busy last year, we didn't manage to get round to doing a lot of the hobby/modelling stuff due to the queues. I can't remember whether we stuck it out with the Forge World queue.
We had to - the Ork Runt Bot and bike riding Warboss were my main reason for going!

Speaking of which, if we can't make it would someone be willing to pick me up the GD only Skaven model? Monies upfront of course.
(13-09-2011, 12:33 PM)rachtheweevil Wrote: Speaking of which, if we can't make it would someone be willing to pick me up the GD only Skaven model? Monies upfront of course.

Yep, sure we can sort that for you - remind me nearer to the event though Wink
(13-09-2011, 12:33 PM)rachtheweevil Wrote: We had to - the Ork Runt Bot and bike riding Warboss were my main reason for going!

Speaking of which, if we can't make it would someone be willing to pick me up the GD only Skaven model? Monies upfront of course.

As in the one you get with the ticket? Cause was gonna ebay mine, but will sell you if you don't go if you like?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(13-09-2011, 01:15 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(13-09-2011, 12:33 PM)rachtheweevil Wrote: We had to - the Ork Runt Bot and bike riding Warboss were my main reason for going!

As in the one you get with the ticket? Cause was gonna ebay mine, but will sell you if you don't go if you like?

Ah, good point - I thought it was one of the Forge World GD miniatures that Rachel was after (I'd just been reading about them, hence my confusion). The Skaven is the figure only available with a ticket purchase?