Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to White dwarf and new release schedule?
Yep, visions is a waste of time and paper...........
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Subscription cancelled...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Ok I now own a copy of Warhammer Visions.

Firstly there was issues downloading. Having gone through the newstand and restarted the sub programme, the magazine does work fully.

Having had a quick swipe through, some things have gone, and some have remained.

Firstly, you have lost the new releases. Replace this with a lot of images of last months Tyranids. Then Hobbit and FW stuff. You also lose Jervis's section, and Vetoks. However you do get the battle report (which have been poor of late, and digitally contained a video, which has disappeared,) Blanchitsu, and a huge amount of paint splatter. Kit bash has remained in WV. It's not as bad as I feared. But if I didn't have 2 more issues remaining on my sub, I would be annoyed. As I do, I will continue to download, rather than chance a refund through Apple. However unless the focus is an army I am collecting, or planning too, then I doubt I would pick the issue up. The advantage of it also being digital, is that should I say pick up Dwarfs the or four years along, I could always go back and get that issue for inspiration.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(31-01-2014, 04:23 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Subscription cancelled...

Having received and reviewed both editions this morning we've done the same.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Same here, cancelled. Thought the weekly mag wasn't too bad, but price a bit steep, probably will only get it occasionally if there are any rules in I'm interested in. Only thing I think it lacked for this sort of format was a battle report, but the way they have been doing these recently it's no great loss. Thought it was nice having some rules in. £1.50 for that many pages would be more reasonable. Again a lot of the first half was really just adverts, which we really shouldn't be expected to pay for.

Thoughts on visions - lots and lots of pictures, some of which I liked. 'Battle report' was an absolute joke, some pictures and virtually no text. TBH I wouldn't buy this for £1, let alone £7.50.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
My last subscription issues through the post coincided with Visions and White Dwarf Weekly.

I'd be happy with White Dwarf Weekly, but not at £4. If it was bi-weekly for my subscription, fine.

Visions is a waste of time for me, I expect to see pictures on-line for free.

The length of time I was on hold to cancel suggested there were a lot of folk out there doing the same.

I gave GW my feedback...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I have 4/5 more of the voucher subscriptions so i'll use them for armies im interested in. i assume this months one is mainly dwarfs? is paint splatter mainly dwarfs? if so i'll grab it
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
No this months is mainly Tyranids. That's part of the problem. All those pictures, and they are already a month old.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'll pass then probably, next months will be for me.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I am loving the auto reply they are sending people that send in feedback about new format-
Quote:Jes Bickham wrote:
Thanks for your email and your feedback. We've worked hard to being a great breadth of features in the new White Dwarf – in a given a week you can expect details on the latest releases, editorial columns, painting guides, modelling features, gaming articles, new rules, interviews with sculptors and writers, and more besides. We'll also be featuring Battle Reports and other things too – in a given month, it all adds up to much, much more content that that touches all aspects of the hobby than we were able to achieve in one issue of the 'old' White Dwarf. I hope you stick with us to see this.

Warhammer: Visions is not for everybody, granted. If you like gaming more than collecting or painting, then it's probably not for you, and that's fine. You don't have to buy it! It's for people that like to drool over high-quality photos of gorgeously-painted miniatures, and it's the result of a lot of hard work by our photographers and design team – we're really pleased with it and from the feedback we've already had, the people that really like it are the people we're aiming it at.

Change is always a tricky thing, especially, when it comes with associated costs. But I hope you'll give both the new White Dwarf and Warhammer: Visions another chance in the future.

All the best and thanks again for your email,

Jes

From the forums and here sounds like a lot of people are cancelling there subs, curious to know what knock on effect it will have....
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven