Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gareths 2014 Thread.
Right starting this year, I have been working on the High Elves, which after playing Alan requires a change. Anyway last night I had a bit of a tidy up, of the painting area, so I thought I would show you, the new set up.
[Image: hmgn.jpg]
Things of note.

At the top of the screen, under the light from my Lamp, is a print out of all the colours, I will be using, on each section. It means I will not forget what paints to use.
Top right, the chart with colours on is the GW old paint to new conversion chart, with above that a list of all shop available GW paints, for me to look at.
The blue box, at the front of the desk, is my wet palate, and i will have to do a step by step on making one, at some point. So far after 25 hours, a colour I mixed is nearing finally drying out. So they really are great, if you find that paints dry out to fast.

Hobby Log 2 for 1 record.

Painted
4 Cavalry Characters
16 Archers
20 Elyrian Reavers
11 Dragon Princes
3 Bolt Throwers w/ 3 Crew each
1 Phoenix

Bought
30 Phoenix Guard
30 White Lions
1 Nurgle Herald
1 Tzeentch Herald
3 Plague Toads (Beast of Nurgle)
10 Horrors
10 Deamonettes
20 Plaguebearers
1 Skullcannon
64 Saxon Models
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Would be interested in knowing how you made the wet palate. I have progressed from the top of a paint pot lid which seemed to dry out really fast to an old china plate, which is a lot better.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
i would be too.

looks far too organised for me.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(09-01-2014, 05:06 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Would be interested in knowing how you made the wet palate. I have progressed from the top of a paint pot lid which seemed to dry out really fast to an old china plate, which is a lot better.

Looks like a lid off something with a sponge and grease proof/baking paper?

great idea tho! Big Grin

(09-01-2014, 06:41 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 05:06 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Would be interested in knowing how you made the wet palate. I have progressed from the top of a paint pot lid which seemed to dry out really fast to an old china plate, which is a lot better.

Looks like a lid off something with a sponge and grease proof/baking paper?

great idea tho! Big Grin

Nearly Rob. It is actually a small really useful box. Although I did have use a plastic takeaway tub in the past. However I did find that too deep.

You did miss the all important step of adding kitchen towel over the sponge. makes sure all of the paper is in contact with a damp material.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
OK guys. First partly completed models. Way behind on where I intended to be, but here are the crew for my Eagle Claws. I still need to base these guys up, but more or less finished with them.

[Image: 2iq2.jpg]
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Looking very nice gaz!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Very nice, like the highlighting.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
yes I like those gaz
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Looking really good
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari