Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waylands Forge
For the benefit of Daniel and any of you who'd like to visit a brick & mortar store for their Warmachine & Hordes, Malifaux and various other wargames miniatures (Except for GW products), here's a link to the directions for the store as they explain it far clearer then my own instructions Big Grin

Waylands Forge Directions

And just in case any of you have an adversion or phobia of hyperlinks;

How to find the shop

WAYLAND'S FORGE
Unit 2 Fletchers Walk
Paradise Circus
Birmingham B3 3HJ

From Broad Street/Centenary Square:

Cross the large pedestrian bridge, in the gap between the two black mirrored triangular sides of the Copthorne Hotel, go through the revolving doors of Paradise Forum and enter the shopping centre. Turn right at McDonalds, through the automatic doors. Go along the walkway with the Birmingham Conservatoire on your right and down the steps into Fletchers Walk

From Birmingham City Centre/New Street Station/Victoria Square:

Looking at the Council House straight ahead of you, up the steps between the fountains turn left towards the classical-look Town Hall. Walk towards the Town Hall and pass to the left of it. Iin front of you are a set of traffic lights, which cross Paradise Circus. This crossing takes you into Fletchers Walk shopping centre.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I would advise you give him a bell first though. The list of products I have found their site runs, is not always their stock list, but more a price guide to what they could have in store.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Nice one - looks like it's well worth a visit. I notice they also have a directory of local gaming clubs on their site, so I'll drop them a line and see if they can add us.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(14-06-2011, 04:57 AM)Gareth Wrote: I would advise you give him a bell first though. The list of products I have found their site runs, is not always their stock list, but more a price guide to what they could have in store.

They generally keep a good stock of basic Warmachine & Hordes models, such as the Starter Boxes, but you're right, if you're after anything in specific its worth ringing them a few days ahead to make sure they have it in stock.

Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Tom (and possibly me) after some Warmachine so I popped in the store today. Alas They have Tom's things on order but wont be available for a week or two. 'Roj' noted that their list of of stuff on website is well ut of date so has sent me an excel spreadsheet of all their Warmachine and Malifaux stuff. They generally stock one of each, but will normally place an order for you and get it in about 5 days.

The shop is just down the road from my office, so I could collect oredrs on a Monday and deliver Tuesday night. Cutting down postage costs...

...and after minor negotiations this will provie us a 10% discount off their prices on orders in excess of £10. BUT... we/I will require an 'official' RedWarSoc Membership Card!!!

Anyway - they'll get whatever we want pretty quick with a 10% discount so sounded good to me...

I have decided to do Mercenary Pirates... any chance I could borrow someones Mercenary book and have a decent read and decide what to buy... pretty please... I'd rather spend the £25 for the book on figures for now!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Great work Paul.

I'll organise some membership cards for next week.

Si
(20-07-2011, 05:24 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Tom (and possibly me) after some Warmachine so I popped in the store today. Alas They have Tom's things on order but wont be available for a week or two. 'Roj' noted that their list of of stuff on website is well ut of date so has sent me an excel spreadsheet of all their Warmachine and Malifaux stuff. They generally stock one of each, but will normally place an order for you and get it in about 5 days.

The shop is just down the road from my office, so I could collect oredrs on a Monday and deliver Tuesday night. Cutting down postage costs...

...and after minor negotiations this will provie us a 10% discount off their prices on orders in excess of £10. BUT... we/I will require an 'official' RedWarSoc Membership Card!!!

Anyway - they'll get whatever we want pretty quick with a 10% discount so sounded good to me...

I have decided to do Mercenary Pirates... any chance I could borrow someones Mercenary book and have a decent read and decide what to buy... pretty please... I'd rather spend the £25 for the book on figures for now!

I have the Mercs book, will bring it up on Tuesday.
They say dead men tell no tales, but a burning man sure does scream a lot.
(20-07-2011, 06:13 PM)Simon Wrote: Great work Paul.

I'll organise some membership cards for next week.

Si

Now Tee-shirts is what we really need Wink

Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(20-07-2011, 05:24 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Tom (and possibly me) after some Warmachine so I popped in the store today. Alas They have Tom's things on order but wont be available for a week or two. 'Roj' noted that their list of of stuff on website is well ut of date so has sent me an excel spreadsheet of all their Warmachine and Malifaux stuff. They generally stock one of each, but will normally place an order for you and get it in about 5 days.

Excellent! My better half semi-collects the Pirates for Warmachine and I always have a handful of the models with me (Press Gangers, Buccaneer, First Mate Hawk, Blood Bradigan & Phinneaus Shae) and I have all the cards from the Mercenaries deck on hand so if you ever fancy playing a game with a couple of proxies then you're more then welcome to! Big Grin
To be clear this is the deal:

"...We are happy to offer a discount to club members, we need a sample copy of the membership card and an up to date membership list helps.
Discount would be 10% on purchases over £10, not including anything already discounted or 2nd hand, customer needs to show membership card prior to the sale being put through the till..."

So a list of members would also help please Simon.

I've converted Warmachine and Malifaux stocklist to pdf and attached.

If you give them a call and order stuff stating I'll collect for RedWarSoc on a Monday/Tuesday, if you let me know (email paul.hutchinson@vaisala.com) I'll pick 'em up for you for Tuesday night. I am happy to pay at the till if you pay me Tuesday night!

Of course they stock loads of other stuff too...

Saber - many thanks... Etched - excellent thanks...

I do need to have a game at some stage to!!!

Cheers Paul Big Grin

Attached Files
.pdf   WArmachine And Malifaux stock lists 2.pdf (Size: 74.68 KB / Downloads: 598)
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill