Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The footy thread
Will Tan ask him why the keeper hasn't scored any goals as well? Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
So Spurs are out at the FA cup in 3rd round... well at least Walclock is injured and we can now concentrate on the league!

So who did everyone get in the 4th round draw today??

PMSL.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Congrats Rob, on nobbling Walcott. I am now back England for a pre-knockout exit.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Would wallclock have been Englands saviour, Townsend's ahead of him anyway lol.

Will be interesting to see who strengthens or not, heard that villa are competing with QPR for a league2 striker haha.

I hate to say it but i think England will miss him! I dont think hed get a game on the wing with the form of Townsend and Sterling but he would have given us a great plan B up front! Bringing him on after 70ish mins when defenders are tired would have been a good option to have. Lets face it, with the exeption of Daniel Sturridge our strikers wouldnt get into any other team in the top 10 Confused
Lol Rooney is okay.. :p

I think Hodgson has fallen into the same traps many have done before him... just picking players on the moment and not a team...

I think our formation should be a fluid 4-4-1-1

not 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 which seems to be the norm... this doesn't mean picking the best players, just players who can play well in those positions...

I think this means, Lambert/Carol up top, Rooney/Sturridge behind, LM: Townsend/Stering RM: Lennon/Sturridge, CM: Carrick, Gerard (holding role), CM Lampard, Henderson (advanced role), RB Walker/Johnson, LB Baines/Cole, CBs first choice: Cahill, Dawson :p (Daws is playing well atm, has been for a year and is getting overlooked) with Jagielka, Lescott as back up imo, Hart in goal.

Lots of options and all good/average players... and a fluid formation for once.., Rooney can play anywhere, be it falling back into MF or playing up top.. even Lennon has been drifting into CM and being well with those bursts of speed breaking up play and launching attacks, then breaking into the box, has been a good tactic by Sherwood of late, Arsenal almost came undone a couple of times after a few lucky interceptions (Lennon was through goal after a 1-2, but a Mertasaker ankle got in the way...).

But it won't happen like this..

it will be 4-5-1 and you all know the team :p

As a liverpool fan, couple of things i would say is put Sterling on the right as he stretches the play better there, when he plays on the left he cuts inside way to often and is easier to mark.

This season he has looked most threatening on the right and has seemed to get the balance right between drifting inside and attacking his full back to open gaps in middle.

Sturridge needs to be up top to get the best out of him, as needs to play on the shoulder and get in behind to get his goals, and i would play rooney behind him.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Good win for Spurs yesterday, we're building some good momentum and we followed up our victory against United last time out, like I said before, its important.

With a tricky trip away to Swansea, although they are lacking confidence anther win looks on the cards.

Is anyone up for a predictions game (think Lawros predictions on the bbc website?)

3 wins for a correct score, 1 for a correct result and 0 for wrong score.

Another win for Arsenal and yet another defeat for Villa... how long will Lambert have?