Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The footy thread
Something I've wanted to start for a while, but never got round to it...

I'm a Spurs fan and have been since I was a dot.

My predictions for top4 at the start of the season...

Chelsea winners
Man City second
Spurs third
Arsenal/Man Utd fourth

I think I will get the top4 right, as I don't think Liverpool have the strength in depth (just yet)

My bottom 3 were
Sunderland
Hull
Crystal Palace

No far off again, Hull are doing much better than I thought, but can still drop away.

What were/are your predictions and who do you support?

Wolves fan, have been all my life. its my millstone.

hoping we can win League one this year (looking like a decent shot at it so far) but then its in the dog fight of the championship again.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Liverpool fan through and through!! Ill make sure to give u plenty of crap when liverpool play you on Sunday when were at winter warm up!! Suarez hat trick anyone?! Lol

I think Man city will win the league for sure! They have the best squad by a mile! (Chelsea would come close but their strikers have scored less goals than Rickie Lambert between them haha)

Top four will be (in my opinion)

Man city
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool

Bottom three

Sunderland
Crystal palace
Hull/Fulham (my mrs is a Hull fan so shed kill me for saying it but i cant see where their goals will come from)
After last weekend, Cardiff sealed their place in the bottom three. Until Mackay goes my City are never going to create enough. Kind of like the Spuds.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
long live newcastle utd!!!!
beating the tough teams losing to the weak teams thats out style Smile
Massive win for Spurs at the weekend could be a turning point in our season, this festive period will determine the top 4 imo.

A risky appointment... but could work...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25501608 (Tim Sherwood becomes permanent Spurs manager!)

Kinda an odd decision to put him in place till the end of NEXT season Confused seems like a good bloke though. A lot of ppl have spoken very highly of him in interviews!
Just a 18month contract :p

Yeah apparantely he's quite ruthless and determined to succeed, I get that impression from his interview the other day, "I'm not going to be an assistant at Spurs" fighting talk for a caretaker manager at the time.

I will give him time and I think a lot of Spurs fans will, a very important period for the season.

Another Wolves fan here. Just got tickets for the 'title' clash at home v Orient... 4 matches in 8 days is tough, I hope we can use the squad to advantage.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill