Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Warm Up 1850pt 40k Tournament
(17-11-2013, 11:14 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Sounds good to me mate! 1850 means the star can be even bigger!! Or two slightly smaller ones....... Wel see!

I can only have one Sad

If you're talking about Dev Centurions then I'm not sure I'd want to dilute that power, but instead add more supporting units, but it's not my list Wink

Lol well i can have 2 lots of four with lysander, marneus calgar and tigirus or one blob of 6 with lysander tiggy and some other stuff around them!
1 Blob of 6 would be the better option i would think, nasty.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
EDITED as I was 200 pts over...

Ok I am thinking of an expansion to my league list for this tournament, adding a second court and some annihilation barges:

Zahndrek and Obyron 345
Royal court - 2 despair teks (1with veil), 1 chronotek and a stormtek 155
Overlord - 2+ save, mss, war scythe 130
Royal court - 1 despair tek, two stormteks 80
15 warriors 195
5 warriors - NightScythe 165
10 immortals - tesla 170
5 warriors 65
Doomscythe 175
5 death marks - NightScythe 195
Annihilation barge 90
Annihilation barge 90
Total 1850ish I think...might be a few pts over.

Obyron Zahndrek, the chronotek (reroll ld tests, inv saves, deep strike mishaps, RP rolls etc) and a stormtek all in a 15 man warrior squad; the other lord with the warriors in a night scythe with two stormteks, a veil on the immortals. So two squads that can jump about, and one in a NightScythe, plus the juicy death mark unit with two despairteks to kill things with 2+ armour saves / high toughness. Oh yeah and 5 tesla destructors and a massive gun called a 'death ray' just to be totally epic!

What do you think? Has it got any chance vs things like the screamer council, wave serpent spam, or nicks centurions?!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Haha i love that my list has become the new meta :p ill be gutted if a load of ppl turn up with them! It looks solid mate! Never had a good game when deathmarks have been involved! Their nasty!
While were discussing 'the meta' has anyone ever played a screamer council? Id literally have no idea what to expect or how to beat it!
I'm either looking at.........

Captain Lysander 230
Chapter Master: Space Marine bike; storm shield. 165

10 Tactical Marines 140
8 Space Marine Bikers: Attack Bike (multi-melta); meltagun; plasma gun. 248

6 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 3× twin-linked lascannon; 3× grav-cannon and grav-amp; 6× missile launcher. 560

Chief Librarian Tigurius 165

10 Tactical Marines 140

Stormraven Gunship: twin-linked multi-melta. 200

1,848 points

Or.........

Captain Lysander 230

10 Tactical Marines: flamer. 145
10 Tactical Marines 140

5 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 2× twin-linked lascannon; 3× grav-cannon and grav-amp; 5× missile launcher. 470
4 Devastator Centurions: 4× twin-linked lascannon; 4× missile launcher. 370

10 Scouts: camo cloaks. 130

1,850 points

Or finally

Captain Lysander 230

10 Tactical Marines: meltagun. 150

5 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 5× twin-linked lascannon; 5× missile launcher. 470
5 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 5× grav-cannon and grav-amp; 5× missile launcher. 470

5 Scouts: camo cloaks. 65

1,850 points

I know they're all sort of similar but the differences could be massive in terms of how it actually plays! Any thoughts guys?
Cheers Nick, no I've never played the screamer council either and not much idea what it does apart from chatting to Tony at bb4, he was telling me there's some grimoire thing which is able to give this unit a reroll able 2++ save! Sounds like you have to wait for it to fail then pounce on the unit or something?

Don't know really about your lists since still haven't faced centurions, but I don't really like the last list, seems a bit slow.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I guess going first would be good too so i can have a pop at them before the power goes off! Hopefully ill face one at the warm up event so i at least have an idea! Im not sure on any of the lists tbh. at 1500 i know exactly what i want but the extra points are confusing me lol
(18-11-2013, 04:43 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: EDITED as I was 200 pts over...

Ok I am thinking of an expansion to my league list for this tournament, adding a second court and some annihilation barges:

Zahndrek and Obyron 345
Royal court - 2 despair teks (1with veil), 1 chronotek and a stormtek 155
Overlord - 2+ save, mss, war scythe 130
Royal court - 1 despair tek, two stormteks 80
15 warriors 195
5 warriors - NightScythe 165
10 immortals - tesla 170
5 warriors 65
Doomscythe 175
5 death marks - NightScythe 195
Annihilation barge 90
Annihilation barge 90
Total 1850ish I think...might be a few pts over.

Obyron Zahndrek, the chronotek (reroll ld tests, inv saves, deep strike mishaps, RP rolls etc) and a stormtek all in a 15 man warrior squad; the other lord with the warriors in a night scythe with two stormteks, a veil on the immortals. So two squads that can jump about, and one in a NightScythe, plus the juicy death mark unit with two despairteks to kill things with 2+ armour saves / high toughness. Oh yeah and 5 tesla destructors and a massive gun called a 'death ray' just to be totally epic!

What do you think? Has it got any chance vs things like the screamer council, wave serpent spam, or nicks centurions?!

I like the list Chris, I think it has a very good chance against most lists!

(18-11-2013, 06:20 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: While were discussing 'the meta' has anyone ever played a screamer council? Id literally have no idea what to expect or how to beat it!

I've not played one, but tomorrow night will change that...

Basically it's 4 Heralds of Tzeench, Psyker lvl3, which means they must roll once on the Tzeench Table and will change whatever the other rubbish powers are for the Primaris power Flickering Fire 24" Str5 AP4, 2d6 number of shots, plus 1 d6 for an additional warp charge expanded (max of 4d6 per Herald! I think it will be 4d6 for 3 Heralds, one will cast forwarding so will only have 3d6 lol) and thanks to another upgrade (transmogrification??) the squads shooting attacks are +1 Strength to 6! (Average is about 53 shots LOL)

The of the psychic powers are rolled on the Divination Table, which means 8 chances to get Forwarning (4+ Inv save), this is then combined with the Grimore which passed on a 3+ and boosts all inv to one unit within a certain range by 2, giving the squad a 2+ Inv save, the Tzeench basic ability is to re-roll any failed saves of a 1... this in turn gives them a 2+ re-rollable Inv save lol

They are also Jetbikes so have a massive threat range, have either 3 Str4 attacks each or can have 1 str5 AP2 attack and are fast attack so score in the Scouring mission.

Oh and watch out for a second exalted gift or reward or whatever they are called lol, the Portalglyph which is a marker that is placed anywhere within 12" of the user, it then scatters the full 4d6 but cannot go off table, then on a roll of a 4+ at the end of the Daemon players movement phase they get to choose a troop choice that enters from the Portal, at D6 in number.

Oh and they also have a slash attack which is basically when turbo boosting over a unit they get to slash at it with D3 Str3 or 4 attacks if they want...

Nasty nasty stuff

The rest of the list:

Fateweaver is a must, gets one re-roll per player turn, so that means the Grimore which passes on a 3+ is re-rolled if failed the first time, the Fateweaver can do this boost off table and is shockingly crap in combat, but catch him if you can... a flying MC that will fly on turn2 or 3 from reserve, hide somewhere (look for large LOS blocking terrain), next turn fly off again unless things are desperate. He also gets lots of rolls but all on different psychic tables.

Pink Horrors will basically deep strike down, are weak but will throw out a lot of shots as they have flickering fire 10 is 2d6, 10+ is 3d6 and 20 is 4d6 for number of shots.

The rest of the list will be a mixed bag of pure Daemons which means Soul Grinders and Flying Daemon Princes, I've heard of Guard being used as well as Chaos will a Helldrake... I can see the Helldrake being popular due to the return of Marines.

Hope this gives some insight into my next army lol!

(18-11-2013, 09:36 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: I'm either looking at.........

Captain Lysander 230
Chapter Master: Space Marine bike; storm shield. 165

10 Tactical Marines 140
8 Space Marine Bikers: Attack Bike (multi-melta); meltagun; plasma gun. 248

6 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 3× twin-linked lascannon; 3× grav-cannon and grav-amp; 6× missile launcher. 560

10 Tactical Marines 140

1,848 points

Or.........

Captain Lysander 230

10 Tactical Marines: flamer. 145
10 Tactical Marines 140

5 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 2× twin-linked lascannon; 3× grav-cannon and grav-amp; 5× missile launcher. 470
4 Devastator Centurions: 4× twin-linked lascannon; 4× missile launcher. 370

10 Scouts: camo cloaks. 130

1,850 points

Or finally

Captain Lysander 230

5 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 5× twin-linked lascannon; 5× missile launcher. 470
5 Devastator Centurions: Centurion Sergeant (omniscope); 5× grav-cannon and grav-amp; 5× missile launcher. 470

5 Scouts: camo cloaks. 65

1,850 points

I know they're all sort of similar but the differences could be massive in terms of how it actually plays! Any thoughts guys?

List 1 or List 2 for me, more mobility.