Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2014 - Sunday 26th January
The Gloucester MiniCon is going from strength to strength with the third annual event scheduled to take place in January. The past couple of years we've hosted games there (Cutlass & Warmachine the first year, and Infinity & Malifaux last year). There's scope for us to host games again this year if anyone is interested in doing so.

Regardless of whether we host anything the event itself is well worth a visit.

Venue is the same as last year: National Star College, Gloucester.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I still think if it's works out ok, Steve's Dino game could be something we do as a club. We could build a new board, but I'm hoping it's something quick and fun, for people to just play.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Minicon was great last time. i'll aim to be down there again as im back from china End of December.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Just received the booking form for this. Anyone want to run a game?
Chris needs to know if we want to host any games at this event - anyone up for it?
(04-12-2013, 09:50 AM)Stuart Wrote: Chris needs to know if we want to host any games at this event - anyone up for it?

YES - Warhammer Fantasy - Nice and simple 500-ish point skirmishes. Have a selection of fixed point units available, e.g. 10 HE archers = 100 points (=1 POINT), 10 Pheonix Guard = 150 points, (1.5 points), 1 bolt thrower = 70 Points (1/2 POINT!!!) and anyone who fancies a game can choose 5 POINTS of 'anything' for a skirmish.

So I'd be up for borrowing a few painted units of 100 or 150 points (ish) off some volunteers.

OR... Fresh from The HOBBIT Strikes Again - could run Lord of the Rings Skirmishes also... Again need borrow painted figures.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Nice one. Chris has said he's put a couple of tables aside for us.

(04-12-2013, 07:04 PM)Agincourt Wrote: OR... Fresh from The HOBBIT Strikes Again - could run Lord of the Rings Skirmishes also... Again need borrow painted figures.

Really want to take another run at The Hobbit again in the new year.
(04-12-2013, 07:42 PM)Stuart Wrote: Nice one. Chris has said he's put a couple of tables aside for us.

(04-12-2013, 07:04 PM)Agincourt Wrote: OR... Fresh from The HOBBIT Strikes Again - could run Lord of the Rings Skirmishes also... Again need borrow painted figures.

Really want to take another run at The Hobbit again in the new year.

Let's do that then...
Paul are you still doing the WFB or was it Hobbit in the end? Need to sort you out 500 points of Lizards if your doing the former.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(04-01-2014, 07:46 PM)Gareth Wrote: Paul are you still doing the WFB or was it Hobbit in the end? Need to sort you out 500 points of Lizards if your doing the former.

It's still undecided Gaz, basically I am happy to go with the flow... However, what's probably more important is what we have actually got painted, terrain, etc... so need a decision pdq.