Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Games
As already mentioned... Dominion is a simple enough card based game, very addictive, you can play 2 games in an hour usually... Have played with two expansion sets, everyone I have played with that has tried it out for the first time has gone away wanting to buy it...

Chateau Roquefort is a fun cheese collecting game. Aimed at kids. Very clever, as adults we love it... especially after a couple of beers.

It's a castle roof, you have mice trying to collect cheese to win. You take a piece of roof off to see what cheese is beneath then replace roof, like a memory game. But the playing area is 3D floor that changes every go, as players move it, and if you fall through a hole your one dead mouse down...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Are we talking Gamers board games or family board games?

More for the gamers I heartily recommend Fury of Dracula, I have the older GW version, though fantasy flight games have released a more recent version. One player plays as Dracula, the others as vampire hunters chasing him across Europe, Dracula has nasty tricks up his sleeve to play against the hunters who need to work together to outwit and (Hopefully) defeat him.

As for family games you can't go wrong with many of the Lego games (I have most of them Smile) combining the fun of putting the game together with simple rules that be played in less than an hour and letting you come up with your own rules for it
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

command and colours is fun where you do historic battles and me and my dad loved it
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Just played a game called Power Grid, a bit more complex with lots of things to think about so it's for older players. Was really good though.

It's 2 - 6 players, age 14+, played in about 2.5 hours. You have to bid for power plants,buy resources (coal, oil etc) on a competitive market, and then build cities which you then supply with electricity and thus earn dollars for the next round.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Played a game called King of Tokyo. It was real fun. Going to have to get a copy, fo'sho.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen