Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian 2014 40k Tournament
What are the red scorpion chapter tactics?

Looks good Rob, if you can hide your scoring well enough. Wonder how a game with two bombs against each other would go?!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
It why I really want to face Nicks list! :p

I will have 2 playtest games before the tournament lol not gonna have much experience with the list before the tournament... should be fun!! lol Luckily it's a point and click list :p

Yeah I wish I had more practise games before cally! Especially if intake tiggy, coteaz and commander awesome! Would be nice to play test some power combinations.
Lol and me Nick! Apparantely Gaz Donnelly and a few people have booked some tables at WHW on friday... I'll be at my parents in Derby... so could go if you're up for it? Need to okay it with the wife.. I don't think she will go for it mind... Tongue

Posted my list on Dakka and just found out that Forgeworld made Sevrin Loth 30pts cheaper LMAO! hmm so I have like 30pts to spend.

2 people have commented on swapping out Shadowsun for a buff commander to avoid the Battlesuit being barraged out... I'm tempted.. but really at the end of the day I don't gain much but a LOS on the commander and the flexibility of weapon choice, could take plasma, fusion, missile pod suit in place of buff battlesuit, but I lose stealth and shrouded for that choice is it worth it?

Both of those people suggested dropping the Pathfinders for more kroot? I'm tempted by another Skyray...

I have 2pts spare and if I drop the Neuroweb System, Gauntlet, Pathfinders and use the 30pts from the new Sevrin Loth... leaves me with 116pts... hmm! Skyray it is! Big Grin

So I think I'm finally settled...

So not being able to sleep has it's advantages... I found my Buff battlesuit wasn't added up right... so have had to amend my list to this:

Warlord Farsight - 165
Commander - C&C Node, PEN Chip, Multi-Spec, Iridium Armour, Drone Controller, Vectored Thrusters, 2 Shield Drones - 197
7 Bodyguards:
2x Fusion Blasters, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91
2x Fusion Blasters, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91
2x Plasma Rilfes, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91
2x Plasma Rilfes, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91
2x Plasma Rifles/Fusion Blasters/Missile Pods???, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91 - What do you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards Plasma?
2x Missile Pods, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91
1 Missile Pod, 1 Cyclic Ion Blaster, Target lock, 2 Gun Drones - 91
10 Kroot 1 hound - 65
10 Kroot 1 hound - 65
10 Kroot 1 hound - 65
Skyray - Blacksun filter, sms - 116
Skyray - Blacksun filter, sms - 116
Skyray - sms - 115

SM Allies:
Sevrin Loth - 175
5 Scouts in Landspeeder Storm - 100

Inquisition detachment:
Xenos Inquisitor - 3 Servo Skulls - 34
1850pts

If I go plasma on the suit I'm unsure on... here are the bomb stats:

28 str5 ap5 shots
14 str6 ap2 shots
9 str7 ap4 shots
4 str8 ap1 shots

Should be twin linked, BS5 and tank/monster hunters.

Dude thats a lot of firepower!
Why BS5?
Only commander(and Drones because of DC), Farsight and Shadowsun are BS5, the rest are BS3? Huh

Plasma seems better bet to get those extra AP2 shots in.

Have to let me know how the triple rays do, never performed well when i have taken them, mainly as when you move you can only fire 1 weapon at full BS.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Bs5 comes from marker light support, I plan on being aggressive with the skyrays pushing them into the midfield

Also do you still have a hammerhead could of sworn I had 3 lol

Lol, yep i do. Forgot i had it, sorry Rob!

Will drop back to you at some point soon Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven