Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air brush recommendations
(09-09-2013, 11:01 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 06:13 PM)manrogue Wrote: Well just managed to win this one for £50 (or something similar)-
http://www.airbrushsupplyonline.com/comp...rbrush-kit

So my hobby budget is gone for a while but should be worth it!

Looks good dude. Can't wait to see how you get on. Big Grin

I'm going to message him to arrange pick up tonight, then i will give it a go tomorrow night. Just been reading up how to thin GW/Army painter enough to go through the Air brush and how to build a spray station.

The only problem i have is that cause i live in a flat, i don't really have a well ventilated place to do it. Thats part of the puzzle i will have to solve.

I have seen the below going for £40 on eBay but can't afford it anytime soon as hobby budget for the next few months has been blown Tongue
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn97e0mfBYH9vjA1gCQX5...hVAGK5CFXg]

I you do know of any good guides for making one though feel free to link it here..... Tongue

Looking forward to playing with it now!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Well after a bit of research i am going to build a Spray booth in the workshop at work, asked the boss if could do it in my own time using my own materials and he has said it is okay.

Just going to do a simple one with no extraction to play around with and go from there. though if i do stubble across a good enough fan i will be adding it in... Tongue

Though i would like one of these for future, dropped hints subtle as a sledgehammer to missus to buy for christmas-
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Airbru...1&tbm=shop
Blood bowl Skaven
(10-09-2013, 10:26 AM)manrogue Wrote: Just going to do a simple one with no extraction to play around with and go from there. though if i do stubble across a good enough fan i will be adding it in... Tongue

I might have some old PC case fans kicking around, and even a power supply to go with them.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Tasty, if you have and would like to go to a good home.... Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
How do you clean your air brush Rob? Do i need to buy cleaner or can use something else?
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-09-2013, 10:31 AM)manrogue Wrote: How do you clean your air brush Rob? Do i need to buy cleaner or can use something else?

Would this not be the simplest thing to find on google? I swear Vince you that attatchednto to RWS and Dakka, you G-Fu has faded.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I use a proper airbrush cleaner solution. Still no my first bottle of 200ML. That and taking the airbrush apart after most colour changes gives good results.

I found what I use :-
Vallejo Model Air 200ml Airbrush Cleaner
(11-09-2013, 02:52 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 10:31 AM)manrogue Wrote: How do you clean your air brush Rob? Do i need to buy cleaner or can use something else?

Would this not be the simplest thing to find on google? I swear Vince you that attatchednto to RWS and Dakka, you G-Fu has faded.

Lol, i did google it and most are youtube videos that are work blocked.

I prefer to converse with people about this stuff. Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-09-2013, 03:58 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: I use a proper airbrush cleaner solution. Still no my first bottle of 200ML. That and taking the airbrush apart after most colour changes gives good results.

I found what I use :-
Vallejo Model Air 200ml Airbrush Cleaner

Cool, cheers Rob.

Got mine all set up, bought a cleaning station and that exact same cleaning solution while i collected it. May have also put a Spray booth on the credit card as well when Roger offered to me a deal as well. That is a unconfirmed rumour though. Tongue

Just want my Vallejo air set to turn up so i can have a play now.... Sad
Blood bowl Skaven
We're no experts at painting, but picked up a whisper-quiet compressor via Amazon (albeit via China, me thinks). Come complete with top and bottom fed guns. With cleaners, paints, so on, around £100.

Extremely easy to use.

Very impressed - can't grumble at all.

Attached Files Image(s)

-----------------------------------------
What's another word for "thesaurus"?