Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tuesday 1st October 2013
Still want a game if anybody wants too.
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
(01-10-2013, 04:52 PM)Peachy Wrote: Still want a game if anybody wants too.

If I get no opponent soon Will leave it for this week.
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
Cheers for the games Chris, some much needed practice games!! Need to remember a few mire if the sublteties of my list!! And your list has a massive alpha strike!! Hmm not sure what I cam going second bar what I did, go for troops... That second black knight squad makes a diference in blocking me in.

Yeah thanks for the games Rob, learnt a lot from both about what the Ravenwing can (or can't!) stand up to and also what they can dish out! You nearly had the last attack bike in the second game - he was only on one wound I think.

I need a plan for hammer and anvil deployment against a wave serpent list - can only think about outflanking all the tough units and hiding the weaker aspects of my force. If I go first I could always just deploy everything and turbo boost, take one turn of pain and then let rip with the hammers and grenades...

I think in the second game, like you said spreading out would be good, and possibly think about targeting just one flank of my army, sacrificing the other flank. Once I have killed that flank I would then face a long ride where you would get to shoot me with your intact wave serpents some more. Just a thought.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Great games last night Rob, think i need to change my apprpoach with my stormravens full of marines against any army that can kill them. If they all go in flyers and get shot down i will have nothibg 2 score!! Deffo up for a few practise games on friday to try anf find my perfect deployment!