Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2014 - Saturday 12th April
Well the day was a bit manic, and far too short to have a good look around. I completely missed Forge World.

I did however come back with some Saga goodies.

Two Saxon Buildings from 4 Ground.
Two carts from 4 Ground.
A pack of Ponies to pull the carts. They were produced by Midlam Miniatures.
Griping beast saw me buy a Baggage train pack. From their website it appears you get three carts worth, but I'll spread stuff about and have some nicer looking ones, with the other stuff.

However my favourite buy was the Angry Monks from Gripping Beast. Sword for Hire Levies, they have no ranged attacks, but have two benefits. Whilst within S of the Warlord they generate a Saga dice, and for each one that dies during the opponents turn, you can roll one unused Saga dice. Unfortunately for Stuart, they cannot be used by any faction using the Viking dice.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Enjoyable day, and plenty to see as ever. Didn't spend too much but managed to nab a bargain for a new Dreadball team + MVP along with the season 2 and 3 rulebooks.

There seemed to be a lot of IHMN games going on, and had some good chats with some of the groups hosting them. Bought a few bits and pieces for the kids' SBH warbands from Hasselfree, and had a lovely chat with Sal about their future plans re. a business relationship Artemis Black's.

Will post up some pics from the day in the gallery forum.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Stuck some pics up on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...224&type=3
(13-04-2014, 03:53 PM)Stuart Wrote: Stuck some pics up on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...224&type=3

Nice Pics Stuart.

John B.
J B
Great Granddad Ninja 75% Bionic. Number of figures painted February 2018 85 Figures painted since February lost count.
Don't tell Stuart. Angel Wink Wink Wink
Cheers John, there were some great games/tables on display and it would be very easy to spend more than we did.
Did anybody get a look at the Arcworlde table, and if so what did you think?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(14-04-2014, 08:57 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Did anybody get a look at the Arcworlde table, and if so what did you think?

Do recall seeing it fleetingly, along with their stand, but didn't retain much unfortunately - think we were flagging by then and it was on the far side of the hall!