Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign
Quick question: most fleet lists say that any fleet above 750 points must have a commander. Is that also true for a campaign, where the commander is essentially the player? I would assume not.
(04-07-2013, 09:47 PM)Kungfu Kleg Wrote: Quick question: most fleet lists say that any fleet above 750 points must have a commander. Is that also true for a campaign, where the commander is essentially the player? I would assume not.

Yeah the normal fleet restrictions apply.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Can I just point out that if we can only manage 4 turns on a club night with a 1,000 point fleet, how are we going to play a whole campaign mission with 2,000 points a side? We'll get to the end of turn 2 or 3 and have to stop! ???
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
Hey Gray,

Three things might work in our favour:

1) As we get more familiar with the rules, things should go faster. Especially if both players are good about turning up on time and getting started straight away. That time you came to watch me and JJ play and we made it to turn 4, we had both arrived late, then there was a hunt for a black cloth, then I had to assemble my ships etc.

2) As far as I can tell, instead of duking it out until one side is completely destroyed, campaign games end when certain victory conditions have been met. I can also imagine that people will withdraw their ships more to prevent them from being destroyed in an ongoing campaign.

3) Half of the scenarios in a campaign are limited to 750 points a side, and the other half are limited to 1500 points. It seems that both players simply have to agree on a points limit, so even smaller battles are also possible.
Oh okay, so the 2000 points is like a pool from which you draw your ships.

So we need to make a 2000 point fleet and submit it for the campaign, then we can't change it for the duration of the campaign except for when we buy ships to replace lost ones?

By the way - I was reading the scenario rules this evening and it actually says you get 25% of a ship's value in vp's when you cripple it, not 50% as we have been doing.

I can only do 1500pts of necrons, but am bidding for another 500pts worth on eBay so hopefully will have 200pts in a few days.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hi guys, yeah the 2,000 pts is a total pool that you may draw ships from for campaign games. You can increase this throughout the campaign as explain in the campaign rules where your renown affects your ability to request reinforcements. The more renowned you are the easier it is.

Secondly games will either be 750 or 1,500 pts games depending upon whether its a raid or a battle. Lastly as Keith pointed out people will be more likely to disengage ships in a campaign game than a one-off so they gain experience and retain upgrades etc.

Chris, having 1,500pts wouldn't be a problem as it won't be very often that you need the full 1,500pts in one game and you can increase as you go along. (2,000pts is a target level rather than a minimum.)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
With the stuff I traded for with jj I have a large fleet of chaos ships to raid the imperium with im up for joining in
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
So after me and Chris (hopefully) get a (small) battle in next week, we should all be pretty up to speed and ready to start this campaign! Right?