Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attaching labels to bases
My Necromunda crew are no longer as WYSIWYG as I'd like, and I need the visual cue to help my ageing brain keep up with what they're carrying so as not to slow down the pace of my gameplay any further. I'm planning to construct a few more models to cover the various options available to my gang, but I could do with transferring the names (currently painted on to the side of the bases) between models as I upgrade the members of my gang.

This got me wondering whether I could temporarily attach name labels via very thin magnetic strips to the back of the bases. I'd either embed a couple of solid earth magnets into the sides of the 25mm round bases and then attach a label backed with magnetic tape onto this, or just attach a length of magnetic tape onto the side of the base and then attach a label backed with metal strip tape onto this.

Another option could be to attach some sort of "wipe clean" label to the back of the bases upon which I could update the names as necessary.

Mockery of the above and any other suggestions appreciated.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I was pondering the same thing to be honest. My gang are veering away from WYSIWYG quite rapidly and despite making a few more models i could do with some way of identifying them. currently im just painting the name on the bottom of the base so i can just paint over it when it changes but this isn't a long term solution and it leads to problems when i have to pick up the model to work out which is which....

im open to suggestions too.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
What i am considering doing as my gang is well past WYSIWYG, is putting a number on the lip of the base and marking the number against that ganger on the print out.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Or Converting them. Seeing as thats the idea, maybe it would be worth a try?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(27-03-2013, 03:11 PM)Gareth Wrote: Or Converting them. Seeing as thats the idea, maybe it would be worth a try?

you're right, however the gangs change very rapidly in terms of load out etc. both of my juves have gone from fresh faced new juves to full gangers in three games, for them i'll build new models from my bits box but if i'd started to convert them after the first game it would have been pointless.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Lol, i would love to convert all my Necromunda gangers up but would never in a million years get the time to do it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(27-03-2013, 03:11 PM)Gareth Wrote: Or Converting them. Seeing as thats the idea, maybe it would be worth a try?

Seems little point in going to the trouble of converting them (potentially quite frequently) when I can build a set of models to represent a range of configurations. The stock GW Delaque crew in particular also don't lend themselves to easy conversion.
It's possible to get some magnetic paint which might work to paint onto the bases?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(27-03-2013, 04:12 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: It's possible to get some magnetic paint which might work to paint onto the bases?

Great suggestion - or even just metallic paint onto which magnetic tape could attach?
I just printed out paper names and glued them on. Front and back would be helpful...

I don't worry about WYSIWYG... I just try to let my opponent know who is who and what they have pre-game.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill