Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 League results
My Dwarves managed to pull off a 2-0 victory over Jim's Chaos yesterday.

It started with a pitch invasion, I had 4 players stunned while Jim had 2, but one of them was the minotaur, Jim recieved but had a very short first turn. The early first half Jim picked the ball up and started forming a pocket with the minotaur in front, and everyone else was battling it out at the halfway mark - not a lot of finesse with both teams preferring to run the ball and use their fists (or horns).

Mid first half a dwarf runner managed to sneak his way round through a gap and blitz the beastman carrying the ball, and a giant ruck then ensued. The minotaur was knocked out by a trollslayer and the dwarves grabbed the ball and pounded up the field as fast as their stumpy legs allowed. The Choas team was unable to prevent a late Dwarf score in the first half.

The second half was another brutal 8 turns, the Dwarves recieved and although two got badly hurt (Jim had one Chaos warrior hurt), the Dwarf team managed to work their way up the pitch although bothered by one crazed beastman who kept knocking the ball carrier over, the Chaos team were never able to get their hands on the ball (they preferred tryin to bash and foul the stunted ones...two Chaos players got sent off!) and the Dwarves eventually took it over the line for the win late in the second half.

Got 60000 for winning so now have 90000 in total, saving up for another re-roll. One of my runners (kadilli) got dump-off, and my second blitzer (bofur) picked up mighty blow. Forward the Hammers!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(10-07-2013, 10:38 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: My Dwarves managed to pull off a 2-0 victory over Jim's Chaos yesterday.

It started with a pitch invasion, I had 4 players stunned while Jim had 2, but one of them was the minotaur, Jim recieved but had a very short first turn. The early first half Jim picked the ball up and started forming a pocket with the minotaur in front, and everyone else was battling it out at the halfway mark - not a lot of finesse with both teams preferring to run the ball and use their fists (or horns).

Mid first half a dwarf runner managed to sneak his way round through a gap and blitz the beastman carrying the ball, and a giant ruck then ensued. The minotaur was knocked out by a trollslayer and the dwarves grabbed the ball and pounded up the field as fast as their stumpy legs allowed. The Choas team was unable to prevent a late Dwarf score in the first half.

The second half was another brutal 8 turns, the Dwarves recieved and although two got badly hurt (Jim had one Chaos warrior hurt), the Dwarf team managed to work their way up the pitch although bothered by one crazed beastman who kept knocking the ball carrier over, the Chaos team were never able to get their hands on the ball (they preferred tryin to bash and foul the stunted ones...two Chaos players got sent off!) and the Dwarves eventually took it over the line for the win late in the second half.

Got 60000 for winning so now have 90000 in total, saving up for another re-roll. One of my runners (kadilli) got dump-off, and my second blitzer (bofur) picked up mighty blow. Forward the Hammers!

The only time I will cheer on chaos. When they beat up on Dwarfs.

Stupid dwarfs cheating and getting touch downs and SPP and everything......
(10-07-2013, 05:20 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: The only time I will cheer on chaos. When they beat up on Dwarfs.

Stupid dwarfs cheating and getting touch downs and SPP and everything......

Silence you Chaos-worshipping small-person hater!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Bugger I got to play the Dwarfs again, and got Hammered( Pun intended) when they was a basic team !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
My game against Keith last night was a 1 - 1 draw, great game.

The Dwarfs received first and smashed there way downfield in an unstoppable display of brutality before scoring. I think Keith had only 5 or 6 players left on the pitch at the end of the play! The Norse team did not have time to score before the first half finished, where they got some welcome respite and recovered for the second half.

In the second half the Norse received and executed a well thought out drive,, the wizards fireball and the two werewolves creating a gaping hole in the dwarf frontline through which the ball carrier ran. The dwarfs desperate attempts to stop them scoring were to no avail and they levelled, with 4 turns to go.

It was touch and go whether the stumpy legs of the dwarfs would allow them to score in that time, they moved the ball out wide while a runner slipped through an opening in the middle of the Norse line. However the flank move hit a brick wall and were forced back, while the runner was bogged down by the Viking wannabes. In frustration one of my trollslayers stamped on a prone Norseman, and he had to be carried off the pitch. The ref saw the dirty trick and the dwarf was sent off, ending the match.

Thanks for the game Keith! Look forward to the next one.

We played a quick game of battlefleet gothic instead of doing all the post match stuff, so I'll grab someone next week to witness my advancement rolls etc.
Awesome game against Jim, finished with Sotek's Slitherers taking a 1-0 Victory.

The game started with Jim kicking off, and taking a quick Blitz. Several of the Saurus took a beating, and Jims Minotaur managed to knock both himself and my Kroxigor down. Taking the first turn of the game, the Lizards looked to be in trouble, with the Saurus just able to stand up, and not punch a hole for the nimble Skinks to advance through. However with the Minotaur on the ground, Mine-mo spotted an opportunity to keep the big beast and his tentacles down for longer, and with the help of some friends, he fouled and beat the armour roll. At least the stun, would keep him out for another turn, and maybe a casualty would follow. So with the dice bouncing round, first a 4 settles and then a second 4. Awesome, just a stun, and my catcher is now spending the game in a hot spawning pool looking on. Jim's first turn saw him batter my team, beat my armour and kill Splatti. Luckily my apothecary stepped up, and saved the Saurus, but his broken ankle was beyond repair, so I am now two men down before my second turn, both had skills (Catch and Block,) and the bigger of the two is now out of the next match and hobbling around at MA 5. Tit for tat over the next few turns, Jim getting some Beastmen on the ball, me knocking them down, but I have managed to injure the Minotaur. Thats a huge threat out of the half, and hopefully longer. On my turn 6, finally a Skink breaks through. Counting the distance, I push the little guy a square further, and make the roll. All he has to do is walk in and I finish the half one up. Unfortunately Jim had a Beastmen tied up in tackle zones, but some nifty play sees him open a gap. This son of chaos is close enough to get to the Skink, but he cannot Blitz, meaning I am now in a tackle zone. Still how hard can 3+ with a re-roll be? Well apparently very, seeing as my single action saw me roll a 1 then a 2. With Jim having just two turns, his passing game needs to be good to score, and the Slither's scramble to put tackle zones on his runners, and the half finished scoreless.

Taking kick-off in the second half, I am somewhat relieved to See Jim with just 9 players to my 11, and his Minotaur is still recovering from an earlier injury. So what do I roll on the kick-off chart? Do I get a Blitz to counter Jim's? No its a Quick Snap, and the Chaos players move into position. With two physical teams, a few rucks start to ensue, as Jims Beastmen receivers seem unable to handle the ball. Eene-meene sees his armour beaten, and without an Apothecary left, I take a nervous injury roll. It's just a groin strain, so he's out of the next game, which means the two players recruited during the season, will at least leave me with a full complement next game. Eventually Katchi-niggy makes the break, ball in hand, and crosses the line. Jim now has two turns to tie the game, but he is doing it against 10 Slitherers to his 9. Sorry make that 10, as the Minotaur recovers just in time to help bash a hole in my lines. My last two turns see me manoeuvre about, trying to tie his players up, whilst avoiding making rolls for fear of knocking some of my key players on their asses. Jim sees an opportunity to tie, with his last turn, but things work out for the followers of the Old Ones, and they maintain a shut-out.

Despite loosing two players for the next game, Katchi-niggy's Touch Down, leaves him on 7 SPP. That results in a skill up, and he now takes leap into the next game. Bashi a Saurus caused a casualty and he also sits on 7 SPP, and with a normal skill, see's him pick up the Break Tackle skill. Finally Wallop-a-tree my Kroxigor who picked up his first SPP with a casualty, was also granted my MVP, which surprise surprise left him on 7 SPP. His roll saw me roll Box Cars, and after much deliberation, the 1/36 chance of Double 6, won over, and he is now running around at ST 6. He's now going to be very difficult for opponents to get to 2 in their favour, whilst just 1 assist, will often see him performing the fabled 3 dice blocks, against ST 3 teams. Game winnings see 70000GP get added to the 60000GP the team started with, and this finally left me able to buy a third team re-roll.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Should really drop an update on here of mine and Steve's game from Tuesday. I had to roll income from the previous game against Tom (60,000 i think), and work out fan factor (went up to 8). So i bought an extra Thrower before game began.
We set up and Steve received first and i rolled riot meaning we skipped the first turn.

The initial 5 turns was spent in the middle of the pitch with me and Steve pushing each other around a bit, before Steve spotted i had left a gap for him to throw through, which he capitalized on to get a touchdown.

I then received, made a quick blitz up the side for 2 turn touchdown!

Second half had me again receiving, and i spent 6 turns doing the Skaven shuffle side to side to try and work a gap (also knocking his Troll out in this time with a mass i think 5 man foul) before again blitzing up the flank for a turn 8 touch down!

2 more gutter runners had advance rolls to make, and i gave both jump up.

So in summary a sneaky 2-1 win to the Rats!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
It would appear someone with moderation privileges closed the thread. Seeing as Vince was last in here, the Suarez fan gets the blame :p
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Rob beat me 2-0 with his amazonians. It was a good game but i think that my luck had run out and i was rolling a lot of skull and 1's but then so did Rob but he had a lot of good dice too. His Start player took out a lot of my team and at one point i was down to 6 men and he didn't score he just decided to kill me abit more. But still i really enjoyed the game and i think it could of been a bit different but everyone of his players had dodge so it made it easy to get past my players. Can't wait for my rematch against Gaz should be abit closer than our last game. i just hate that stunty skill which is amazing!
I am going to have a long discussion with my players as a lot of them just made us laugh with there poor catching.
Thanks for the game Rob.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Thinking about it i just decided to buy a blitzer meaning i have 2 catchers 2 throwers and 4 blitzers though if my casualties carry on i will only ever have 1 catcher and 3 blitzers. Gaz with one of my catchers out i might struggle a bit more against you as those are my main players. Also gonna make sure my ifgures are all based and painted with their numbers on because it is very confusing some times and i only have feint pen on there bases. Just wondering because of not knowing where the tablet has gone how much is it for a rerole i was thinking it was 100,000
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green