Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army for GT Final this weekend
OK Guys, I have an I Pad now so might be able to give you updates, but here is my list for the GT Final this weekend.

2 x Winged Hive Tyrants with double twin linked devourers
Doom in Pod
Death Leaper for the win
3 x 13 Devil Gaunts in Pods
Tervigon
Mawloc
Bastion with Comms Relay

Not decided whether or not to have one HT on foot, but I have a suspicion that outside Necrons the number of flyers and AA is going to have dropped. We will see.
Did you find out if the Tervigon can get in the basttion ok? I am sure it can but someone is going to ask so page ref. to hand on the day.

The list will kick ass and when you win I can say I almost beat the list once...

Keep the wings if you can as you might deploy the wrong side of any action and keep you away from the really scary stuff that he can't handle.
There's an argument for and against wings as I found the 2+ save very handy, especially if he gets iron arm! The Mawloc will cause havoc if you can get him to appear in the right place too. After the game we had a few weeks ago when I killed all your flyers turn 1 yet you still won the game shows how resilient the army is (even with just 1 tervigon) so yeah best of luck mate!!!
Quote:Did you find out if the Tervigon can get in the basttion ok? I am sure it can but someone is going to ask so page ref. to hand on the day.
A Tervigon is a monstrous creature. Only infantry models can enter a bastion as bastions follow the same rules as transports for capacity.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Good luck mate!

The list looks good mate! (still would like a second Tervigon! LOL)

Seriously, good luck mate!

Give em hell mate! Deathleaper for the win!!
The Tervigon cannot go in the bastion but that hardly matters. He just hides behind it! The rest arrives turn 2.

With the advent of forge world/flyers/anti air, I have been decidedly underwhelmed by the Hive Tyrants the last few games. Two possible options therefore.

OK scalpel at the ready boyz so which of these lists do we prefer?

List as posted. Maybe I have just had bad experiences playing Coteaz too often lately.

or

Replace the 2 x flying HT's with

1 x HQ HT with 2+ save and regeneration
10 x Yngyrl, regen on the Mawloc and a couple of extra devil gaunts

Now that the stealers can deploy touching terrain they are much easier to deploy. 10 can take on a blob or take out two vehicles potentially when they arrive. The 2+ boss is infinitely more durable.

Thoughts? You have about two hours before those wings will have to come off!!
How will you deal with flyers? I know you can come on behind, but at some stage they are going to start killing your stuff and you'll have no answer without the HTs I say stick as is mate.

Ok so got here, that's the first thing!

Decided to use a foot tyrant with regen and ten yen gyro.

Game one versus Coteaz naturally, but only one warp quake.

Got first blood and in the end won by that alone. Thirty points!

Best thing was my opponent was an utter ****!
(23-03-2013, 02:08 PM)The Count Wrote: Ok so got here, that's the first thing!

Decided to use a foot tyrant with regen and ten yen gyro.

Game one versus Coteaz naturally, but only one warp quake.

Got first blood and in the end won by that alone. Thirty points!

Best thing was my opponent was an utter ****!

Result Smile