Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham Fallout
So in the aftermath of Battlefield Birmingham and my never ending quest to find a list I'm mostly satisfied with, here is my list I took to BB3 (1750pts) and here is the list I'm going to practice with (1850pts)

Coteaz
Inquisitor Psycannon, termi armour, psyker
10 Strikes - Psybolt, 2 Psycannons, Hammer - Razorback, Heavy bolter, Psybolt
5 Strikes - 1 Psycannon - Razorback, Heavy bolter, Psybolt
3 Warrior Acolytes - Chimera
2 Warrior Acolytes, Banisher - Razorback, Heavy bolter, Psybolt
5 Interceptors - Psycannon
Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator
Dreadnought - 2 Autocannons, Psybolt

There were a number of standout performers!
The Warrior Acolytes are awesome, people seemed to have forgotten how much Dreadnought mess with Psykers Malediction powers (lol), the Dreadknight was AMAZING!! linebreaker and/or caused absolute CHAOS in 4/5 games, 2x10 Strikes amazing, and the HQ's where golden...

however, the 5 Strikes and Interceptors where not that good, maybe I was too defensive in the end because they got shot away every time they appeared round a smoking tank hull... so they need work!

So how do I remedy this, at the moment I'm thinking...

Coteaz
Inquisitor - Termi Armour, Psycannon, Psyker
3 Warrior Acolytes - Razorback, Heavy bolter, Psybolt
3 Warrior Acolytes - Razorback, Heavy bolter, Psybolt
10 Interceptors - 2 Psycannons, Psybolt, Hammer
Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon
1850pts

Not a 100% sure I like the spammed Warrior Acolytes, 4 units is a bit much, but it's kept my scoring units at 6 and with the Interceptors I have some mobile/sacrificial/shooty unit that will be a big danger to anything on the table. The heavy Psycannon on the Dreadknight is totally experimental, if I don't feel its worth the 40pts!!! then I can plough that back into the list.

Another option... would be to drop the Interceptors and take Purifiers the Interceptors with 2 Psycannons cost 310pts 10 Purifiers with 4 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo and 2 Hammers cost 310pts ..

Choices Choices!

i like the interceptors better than the purifiers. Looking forward to taking the grey knights on again!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(28-02-2013, 09:15 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: i like the interceptors better than the purifiers. Looking forward to taking the grey knights on again!

Cheers mate, looking forward to taking on whatever you're bringing, dark angles is it?

Yep, the sons of the Lion. Thinking about lists at the mo, I am pretty happy with a Deathwing list I've played a couple of games with (although the points were diff most of it was the same) which is roughly:

Belial (liking his sb and sword of silence)
4 x DW with cml
DW command with Fnp banner, 2th+ss, heavy flmer or assault cannon
RAS - 2mg, 3 bikes, ab mm
RAS - 2pg, 3 bikes
and for 1850 I'll take nother RAS with 3 bikes, double flamer, or an attack bike, 2 meltabombs and 2 more storm shields and a chainfist

not totally sold on the plasma guns on the bikes though, once I get some black knights I'll prob throw some in there - they are less likely to kill themselves being twin-linked!

OR I am very tempted to try an all Ravenwing list but they need a bit of modelling work, magnetising more arms for weapon options etc:

Sammael (corvex)
4 x RAS - 6bikes, 2 meltaguns, attack bike - mm
RW command - apoth, Devastation banner
RSS - 3 typhoons with hb's
3 Black Knights - 1 grenade launcher
Int Chap on bike with auspex and infravisor

For this I'm umming and ahing about dropping the RSSquadron, the Int chap and the command squad for a Libby in term armour, DW command with dev banner, apothecary and an assault cannon, plus another 3 black knights with a few spare points left over

also thinking of a triple-wing Azrael list....so many things to try!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Some great lists there mate, that DW/RW list is nasty as hell!

5 squads deep striking in and then the mobility coming from the 2/3 bike squads - should be a difficult proposition for my army that contain zero AP2 firepower lol

(01-03-2013, 09:05 AM)Embolden Wrote: Some great lists there mate, that DW/RW list is nasty as hell!

5 squads deep striking in and then the mobility coming from the 2/3 bike squads - should be a difficult proposition for my army that contain zero AP2 firepower lol

Problem with the DW list is not all the DW can deepstrike cos I have to reserve half my units. Also relying on the ravenwings homers has a disadvantage because the bikes scout forwards and so are very vulnerable if the opponent has first turn or seizes (like Luke did last game!).... still can't decide! Really fancy trying ravenwing heavy list but am worried by bikes fragility...
Sounds like panic in the ranks to me!!

I'm happy to face whatever, if things don't go well we can play again, me and Mary got two games in that's to his amazing ability to roll 1 & 2's on a fairly constant basis.

Very true, my list could easy kill 6 bikes and 2 attack bikes if I seize... That's a big issue, could you drop a dw squad for more bikes?

(08-03-2013, 07:16 PM)Embolden Wrote: Sounds like panic in the ranks to me!!

I'm happy to face whatever, if things don't go well we can play again, me and Mary got two games in that's to his amazing ability to roll 1 & 2's on a fairly constant basis.

Very true, my list could easy kill 6 bikes and 2 attack bikes if I seize... That's a big issue, could you drop a dw squad for more bikes?

Haha..... Mary :p
Too many ideas, not enough games to try them all out!

In the interests of rigorous list testing I will go with the list I have been using, then I will have played 3 games with it and it will be time to try something new - Ravenwing pure/heavy lists will have to wait!

So Belial
3 DW squads with cml
1 DW squad with ac
DWC squad with FNP banner and cml, 2th+ss
RAS - 3bikes, 2mg, ab-mm
RAS - 3bikes, 2flamers
RAS - 3bikes, 2mg

1850pts

almost identical to the list I took against luke's orks at 1750 except there is an extra mg bike squad for the extra 100pts, plus I have dropped plasma on one RAS squad for mg and dropped 2 meltabombs to swap the heavy flamer for an assault cannon on one DW squad.

Will see how it does - looking forward to some Grey Knight bashing Smile
(08-03-2013, 08:29 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Haha..... Mary :p

Hurray for typo - lol tbh, I'm not going to bother editing it out! Tongue

(08-03-2013, 09:47 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Too many ideas, not enough games to try them all out!

In the interests of rigorous list testing I will go with the list I have been using, then I will have played 3 games with it and it will be time to try something new - Ravenwing pure/heavy lists will have to wait!

So Belial
3 DW squads with cml
1 DW squad with ac
DWC squad with FNP banner and cml, 2th+ss
RAS - 3bikes, 2mg, ab-mm
RAS - 3bikes, 2flamers
RAS - 3bikes, 2mg

1850pts

almost identical to the list I took against luke's orks at 1750 except there is an extra mg bike squad for the extra 100pts, plus I have dropped plasma on one RAS squad for mg and dropped 2 meltabombs to swap the heavy flamer for an assault cannon on one DW squad.

Will see how it does - looking forward to some Grey Knight bashing Smile

Tell me about it mate, I think I switched lists every game for about 7 months... then have swapped 2 twice in 3month now and am getting much better at the game as a result, I'm not good enough to keep swapping lists about every week Tongue

I think this list is much better, you've still kept the 5 DW squads and adding another bike squad without loosing to many tricks, I like the loadout on the bikes as well, meltaguns really make a mess of tanks and MC's, I think Plasma is okay, but melta is still king.

Should be a good game either way!