Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian Smack Board
(16-01-2013, 06:52 PM)The Count Wrote: I want to hear the dull thud of falling fly rants!

Now how do I beat 3 units of screamers and 2 units of flamers pray tell??!!

I will pick them out of the sky!

Advice on sceamers and flamers from a good source.

http://www.3plusplus.net/2012/11/the-unb...r-beating/

http://www.3plusplus.net/2012/11/how-to-junk-daemons/
Thats useful, thanks

Have had a look at the match up. If I deploy the Grey Knights/Paladins/Dread Knights and they all shoot at once, even assuming a Fate weaver re roll on all 5+ invuls, they will inflict 36-37 wounds - 18 dead 2w models.

I am thinking if just deploying a pally/character/dread knight blob right in the middle - with Coteaz dont forget - then just blast whatever lands. If I can do it from 20+ inches then all the better. Just shoot what is closest first and work my way out!

I think this is far better than trying to down fate weaver - who I believe I should just ignore.

What do people think?
Also worked out that 10 pallies versus 2 x 6 screamers with overwatch etc, the pallies do 13 wound (including 4 before contact and 4 with halberds) and the screamers inflict 7. On those odds, I figure with 1 full round of shooting only I can just take the buggers on. That doesnt even include Draigo and Coteaz's attacks.

What do we think? If I can ensure 1 round of shooting I reckon I can do enough damage. Lets face it - thats how I play anyway!

Other ideas welcome.
its a simple tactic but one i like.

FIRE EVERYTHING

Im not much different with my Dark angels, focus fire, prioritize targets eliminate and move on.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Rob

I believe you are making the trip today, so a weather report would be much obliged. I am considering three options - go tonight, go in the morning, stay at home - so report plz!

Ta
Safe journey if you do decide to go chaps.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Travel safe guys! And good luck!!!
Middle Rob, please let me know what is happening with work if you can, cheers
Off we go! Plan A - Arrive!!
You're mad. good luck getting there, drive safe and good luck with the tournament!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss