Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weekly Venue
Question 
As the club seems to be swelling in numbers we may have to consider looking for a new venue in the near future. Any ideas and suggestions appreciated!

Any move might also mean we have to consider meeting on a different night of the week, so if there are any nights that you definitely can't make (I recall Jonno has college one night?) then please let us know and we'll do our best to work around them.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
If Tuesday works well for folks next week, could that be an option?
missed this post !

I think Tuesday could well be an option.

The only concern would be a 10.30pm midweek finish for the younger ones.

Friday is also a possibility in the big hall, and is being considered.
On a personal note Mondays are ideal for me. Monday and Tuesday are the easiest days on the post, so I can get a bit of rest Monday and then again Tuesday after a late night. However any day is not a major issue.
I would however prefer a seven until half ten session if we can find a venue that can accommodate as it takes a little rush out of the end of the night. I understand the need for the younger players to attend until finish. What I do find the most important is that we can arrive a little early. Time will be even more tight if we are spending the first ten minutes setting up.
I think Friday may end up being a difficult day for people, as it tends to be a evening where other commitments pop up.

Personally I would love to arrive earlier, but I don't escape the office until 7pm. Unfortunately this has an effect on Mike, Simon and Justin who pick me up - although we did manage to shave it down considerably this week.
Any tech wizards able to knock up a matter transporter?
webbheath village hall is bigger you could go and have a look in there. its 7 pounds every 3 hours i think you'd have too research it though.
That way it could stay the same time wise.

Tom
When I last spoke to them Webheath village hall was available on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Monday of each month only, and is £7/hour for the main hall. Running from 7.30pm until 10pm.

The Rocklands was available on Tuesdays and Fridays, but the room was an odd shape, and not much bigger than the small hall at windmill. Available from 6pm until 11.30pm and would be £30.

Beoley village hall was available on the last tuesday of each month and the 1st and 4th wednesday of each month, and runs from 7.30pm until 11pm, costing £30 for the evening.

I'm awaiting a call with the White Hart as they have the suite next door, but that could be expensive. This won't be until the end of the week as the owner is on hols.

Winyates Barn, Oakenshaw and Winyates Green community centres all shut around 9.30/9.45pm.

St Lukes is full each evening.

Astwood bank First school have a new hall that they are renting out, I'm awaiting a call back from them and will chase tomorrow.

Some of the leisure centres may have rooms available, as do some of the schools and the churches, but I'm hoping Windmill will come good on a Tuesday and we can open from 7pm (setup from 6.30/6.45) until 10.30pm.
Tuesdays are fine for Luke and myself, and a 10.30pm finish wouldn't be a problem.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Where is the room in the rocklands? The only one I know they hire out is massive. Plus it has a bar, which makes it a win win in my book.