Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nicks hobby log 2013
I built both sms and fusion so i can swap between but decided ill probably never use the rail rifles. I always make sure to use minimal glue anway so can always use nail polish remover to break the bond if i ever want to swap. The models are sweet tho! Didnt realise they were on dreadnought bases!
Nick I have quite a few 2mm magnets you can use (and replace should I ever need some,) if you would rather.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
All but on centurion finished Smile hopefully ill get the last done while watching the climax of transfer deadline day Smile
So I've neglected my hobby log for a while so I figured I'd post a few pictures for you guys to see! Smile

[Image: imagejpg1_zps6cdca6a7.jpg]

[Image: imagejpg2_zps4ab9bc92.jpg]

[Image: imagejpg3_zpsdece6f37.jpg]

[Image: imagejpg2_zps71372092.jpg]

[Image: imagejpg1_zpsea4cf430.jpg]

Hope you like them! I'm pretty happy so far although after looking at the picture of the dreadknight I've realised I forgot to write something in the passengers knee banner. Doohh!
Good stuff Smile
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Look brilliant Nick
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Thanks guys!
That's a really nice shade of yellow on the Dreadknight. Yellow I hear is very difficult to paint, but I like the transition from orange/brown at the bottom of the plates to the brighter yellow at the top Smile

Oh and the scenic bases for the Space Wolves are really nice. Did they come with the models or did you make/buy them later?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
I would imagine the Yellow and blending is made easier with an Airbrush. But Nick is very very good with his, so the effect always seems to look great.

Nick did you edge the plates by hand, or is it more precise work with the Airbrush?

Few criticisms -
1) Looks like the paint on the Inquisitors Power Sword is a little thick. This close up, it's noticeable although at gaming distance it's probably not. Do you thin your paints, because the rest of the colours look really smooth.
2) Again something that at gaming distance doesn't matter, but you seem to have put a lot of effort into the faces, having their eyes done would rally make them shine. Don't go back and try (heaven forbid you ruin them trying to fix them,) but maybe next time.
3) The Runes on Njals Runic Weapon could do with being a contrasting colour, to the main body of the staff. Possibly also doing them on his Armour (although looking at the GW site [I wanted to make sure it was Njal, and not my memory playing up,]) they have left the Armour ones alone. But at the moment, on the Staff for definite, it appears to be notches that are in the shadows, rather than something of power.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Lovely stuff as ever Nick.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."