Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobby log of Win
Rainbow 
I am more of a player than a painter but I am hoping to change this in the new year. I bought an airbrush last year and I have added to my collection of colours over the holiday period with either presents or my own purchases. I have had a few chances to play with the airbrush so I am going to share my progress. I have the following on my to do list. The aim is definitely table top quality to start with. Also the reason for the airbrush in the first place is to learn a new skill and to batch process my back log.

Annihilation barges - I want to paint like my night scythes
Undercoat first to remove dry brushing then spray from behind with two tone purple / green paint to mimic my night scythes. Pick out a bit of details by hand.
I want to paint my standard warriors with the same two tone paint but not sure how to tackle that yet.

40K Terrain
Laser cut card Necron Ageis defence line and comms relay to paint. Undercoated at the moment. Will try some green glow
Laser cut card shipping containers to assemble and paint. I will be donating three of these to the club once completed.
Terrain - I picked up a load of green plastic solders in a massive tub at pound land. I binned the soldiers but kept the trees, razor wire, walls, hills, plaines and tank bits etc to practise painting and build a bit of cheap terrain. Again these will be donated once I have done them.

Blood Bowl
Amazon blood bowl team to assemble and paint.
The assembly looks really hard and daunting. They are so f*ing small and I have not worked with metal much. I have no idea which arm and leg goes where.

Pictures to follow of where I am with each project laters
I painted my ADL last night, White first, then dark green then light green to give it the dull necron glow. Here are the results. Apologies for the text. It was called Hearless Valiumwhore and I could not resist.

Completed

Also pictures of the plastic terrain I picked up in pound stretcher. Most of it is primed black at the moment. Just walls to go and a few trees not pictured

LMAO at the text, the ADL looks impressive! Smile

Text could be worse . . . it could be Comic Sans :p

Terrain looks good Rob!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I ordered another couple of cans of the two tone magic living metal spray. It needs another coat on the ghost arc + I plan to spray the overlords cape/cloak.

Comms relay

New weapons. Sliver with a littel highlighting. Should work well with the purple.

Put together the end product. I need to pick out a few highlights once I finish the last coat of the spray. So far so good and pleased with the results.

Looks amazing!! cannot wait to see it in person!

Cryptek weapons where painted last night (I had a few minutes). A different paint job per the deferent disciplines they have. I wanted a storm lightening one but I did not have a blue!

I am not sure which colour should represent which of the following. Open to suggestions.

Storm the A4 Haywire guy
Destruction S8 AP shot with solar pulse
Dispair the one with veil of darkness deep striking teleport thing and the nasty abysmal staff that wounds vs leadership.

It has been a while asince I worked on my hobbies and bloodbowl is the latest game to capture my imagination.

So sharing what the Amazon's look like. I painted by hand in the end as the airbrush is still in storage. I did not want to use quickshade on these as I had the darkest tone for my necrons so settle with the new devlin mud or what ever it is called now. It works ok but over did one or two faces so need to clean up some how?

The colour rings are for the positions the ladies play in. Green for Line ladies, Yellow for blitzers, Red for throwers and white for catchers. I painted up a gold one too for Zara the Slayer.
(30-04-2013, 02:18 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: I did not want to use quickshade on these...

Good job really, as I still haven't returned your tin Blush Will bring it back tonight!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
haha, no worries. the ladies would have looked African in the dark shade. Although they are not far from that at the mo. Now you have me thinking........ are Amazon's Black?

Oh and that picture is massive!