Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So there is this back log......
OK its been a good while since this got updated.

I have some additions to add to my Midlands Open 2013 list, which gives me under 2 weeks to add a Slann, Scar-Vet on Cold-One, 5 Saurus Warriors and 5 Chameleon Skinks. The Scar-Vet has been built/converted, the Slann complete, and the Chameleons are getting worked on fast enough, to start to resemble their completed state.

Should it all get done my 2013 completed list will stand at the following.
2 x Slann
2 Scar-Vets on Cold Ones
46 Ranked Skinks inc. Command
30 Skinks w/ Blowpipes
25 Saurus Warriors w/ HW/S inc. Command
3 Jungle Swarms
20 Temple Guard w/ Command
10 Chameleon Skinks
6 Terradon and Riders
6 Kroxigor
1 Ancient Stegadon
2 Salamanders w/ 6 Handlers

1 Carmine Dragon

6 Bloodbowl Skinks
1 Bloodbowl Kroxigor
1 Bloodbowl Saurus

1 Bloodcrusher tester model

1 Necron Warrior tester model.

That will leave me on 170 models for the year, which obviously leaves me massively behind schedule for 1 model per day. With about 5 months to go, and 190ish models to complete things will have to step up in August.

However quite a few of the Fantasy podcasts ran a 2400 point army in a year challenge, and if I get everything ready by a week Saturday, I will have done 3124points of just Lizards (no upgrades other than Command, and weapons/armour on Scar-Vets, no magic items,) so I can at least feel pleased at one target.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok the past few days I did something a little different for a change.

Link will take you to my tweet of some minis, seeing as I'm to lazy to upload.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Completed one of the two Skink Priests I had out last night. I have 6 Cold One Cavalry to sort, and my list for Pompy Pillage is sorted.

I created this Spread Sheet, to track my progress. Black text is completed miniatures, yellow text is work in progress. Red fill is days passed, and pink fill, in blocks of ten days. As it is, if I completed everything I have started then I am just over a month behind on one miniature per day. Even if I don't hit my 365 in a year target, it still shows an awful amount of progress.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Approaching 200, so expect a full photo of the lot, when I get to that number. However of Sept 4th, I am still 54 models behind my target, so I still need to keep the pace up. Main goal at the moment, is try and get a model finished, and then at least try and get a little done on two more. Then finish one of those, and work on a little of two more (probably the one started the day before.)

I'm also running a system, where when I play a game, I at least get something ready for the next time I play that game. That way at least each system is getting some progress, and I should never field the exact same combination of unpainted miniatures. For smaller miniature count games, it makes a real difference. For example with a Blood Bowl game every month, its not too much effort to have one guy painted that month, but by the end of the year, nearly a whole team would be painted. Obviously its a lot harder if your playing WFB or 40k, but maybe you could aim at a squad or a vehicle, if you fancied a similar system.

But the tournament attendees in the club, usually have their own deadlines, to hit.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just 4 more to reach 200. Managed to catch up by a further one this week. Next week will be a struggle, as I lose Fri-Sun, so going for some easy stuff, to keep the week ticking over.

Anyway I now have finished all 13 Bloodbowl players, so unless I recruit more Skinks, I'm fully painted. Also got my first point of Saga finished. Just 4 Hearthguard, but it's a start on the force. Dispite assembly and clean up issues (metal is a personal hatred now,) the Gripping Beast models have been a joy. Only issue is I imagine most of my Welsh will be mounted, so I may be wasting my time, with an event to consider. However they all count to my total, so it's not all bad.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Looks like I'm going to finish tonight with a total of 207+ complete. Goal is to have 2 points painted for Tuesdays game, with another two well on the way. Anyway big picture to come soon, as everything is assembled for you too see.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen