Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Stuart's Log of Hobby
Thanks chaps. Couple more shaded and drying pending anti-shine varnish...

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
The beginnings of a new fantasy skirmish crew. This lot from Hasselfree.

Because the painting queue can never be long enough...
Those are some awesome miniatures. I especially like the hooded mage/apprentice mid casting of spell. What game system are you going to use them for?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(19-04-2016, 12:42 PM)will Wrote: Those are some awesome miniatures. I especially like the hooded mage/apprentice mid casting of spell. What game system are you going to use them for?

Yeah, I really like the Hasselfree stuff. Reaper, Otherworld and Dark Sword do some great figures too, although I think Dark Sword might be a little taller scale wise.

Rules-wise I'm hoping I can put these to use for Song of Blades and Heroes, Mordheim, Otherworld Fantasy Skirmish, Brink of Battle, Frostgrave and Dragon Rampant!
Few woods / forests I made while riding a wave of post-Salute enthusiasm...

They looked really affective on the table last night. What are you making your bases from? Lino?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
They look awesome Stu, did you make the trees? (or where did you get them??)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(20-04-2016, 06:50 PM)Agincourt Wrote: They looked really affective on the table last night. What are you making your bases from? Lino?

3mm MDF from Wickes. 1800mm x 600mm sheet was a tad under £8 I think.

(20-04-2016, 08:37 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: They look awesome Stu, did you make the trees? (or where did you get them??)

Cheers. The trees are a Woodland Scenics kit (from Hobbycraft if memory serves). Pack of armatures and couple of packs (different shades) of sponge foilage applied with Hob-e-Tac.
Picked up my copy of Robey's book yesterday...

Not had chance to have a good look through yet.
A big box of Zombiecide: Black Plague extras turned up today. Hadn't realised there was so much in the pledge!