Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Stuart's Log of Hobby
(07-03-2016, 05:39 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Picked up of Gods and Mortals last week as it was going cheap (and still is).

Awesome, we'll have to schedule a game Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
The majority of the paints I ordered last week arrived at the weekend. Still waiting for some of my LotR campaign figures to arrive, but the forecast is for light painting towards the end of this week.
Got my priorities right and eschewed DIY in favour of hobby time this weekend. Prepped and based up a load of figures ready for priming, and magnetised the Mordor / Isengard troll so that I can switch between variants. Might be able to crack on with some painting now.

Need to magnetise the joint between arm and body on the troll I think - relying on the plastic tab connection at the moment but it's a tad loose.

(28-03-2016, 04:01 PM)Stuart Wrote: Got my priorities right and eschewed DIY in favour of hobby time this weekend. Prepped and based up a load of figures ready for priming, and magnetised the Mordor / Isengard troll so that I can switch between variants. Might be able to crack on with some painting now.

Need to magnetise the joint between arm and body on the troll I think - relying on the plastic tab connection at the moment but it's a tad loose.

Great idea with the magnets. I was thinking with doing something similar with the named ringwraiths on fell beast so you don't have to buy loads of fell beast's.

I can see quite a few Aragorn in the back ground?! Big Grin
Weather top + fellowship + a cheeky GilGalad?
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
(28-03-2016, 04:26 PM)Rob Lainchbury Wrote: Great idea with the magnets. I was thinking with doing something similar with the named ringwraiths on fell beast so you don't have to buy loads of fell beast's.

Same here - I bought a Fell Beast with a Witch King already attached and another Nazgul still on the sprue. I've managed to prise the rider off so plan to magnetise the beast and the riders so I can swap them out.

(28-03-2016, 04:26 PM)Rob Lainchbury Wrote: I can see quite a few Aragorn in the back ground?! Big Grin

Yep, 7 variants at last count! Big Grin

(28-03-2016, 04:26 PM)Rob Lainchbury Wrote: Weather top + fellowship + a cheeky GilGalad?

Yep, all those! Smile
Took a trip up to Warhammer World yesterday. Sampled the new menu (nice to see some new themed beers on) and took a walk around the new exhibit rooms - very nicely done. No Middle Earth stuff on display at the moment, but hopefully there'll be something once the new releases get underway.
There was a smattering of LotR/Hobbit stuff in the private collections when I went in Feb, but yes for main displays they are certainly lacking.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
So, some painting happened...

A very quick test model to get back into the swing of things and help settle on a colour scheme for the Silvan Elves of Mirkwood and Lothlórien. Quick base-coat and quickshade (dip) applied with brush. Pretty happy with the end result, should be able to make a dent in the painting pile now hopefully.
Very nice.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Awesome Stu!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant