Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Stuart's Log of Hobby
Assembled, based and primed all the paras for the Bolt Action campaign.

Also found some time to knock up a couple of bridges for the campaign and big bash.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Good job sir.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Splash of paint on the bridges tonight and they're ready to see some action.

12 Viking Levies painted up and quick-shaded ready for the MiniCon tomorrow. Just need to apply some dullcote in the morning. Don't look too bad for three hours effort with the brush.

Fortunately they were already primed.

Speed painted a very (50/50) watered down base coat. Fortunately these models don't have a lot of fiddly detail.

Strong (mid) tone quickshade applied. Once dry I'll apply dullcote to take the sheen off.
Picked up a couple more sets of rules. I'll be after an intro game of DBA at some point if you're available John Smile

Really like how those levies have come out with quick shade. It's something I've always wanted to try out on my minis. Seems to work really well for helping to batch paint a whole bunch of dudes quickly.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Definitely Alan, it's a great technique for painting up a bunch of figures in one go.
Love the results of the quickshade, really nice! Those bridges are excellent too!
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Cheers Dan!
Becoming a big fan of quickshade myself, do you use the big tins Stu?

I use the little 17ml bottles at min and am very tempted to go for the larger tin if easier....
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven