Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian Uprising 1850 list for comments
Rainbow 
Here is my 1850 list for January.

Previously I took Big Z, the guy with counter tactics, with dual royal courts and 10 boomteks with out flyer support and lost 4 out of 6 games earlier in the year at the GT qualifier. It was clear if you did not bring flyers you where on the bottom tables. So I have added the three flyers and swapped out the HQ for a barge lord and a ghost arc for AV13 saturation.

HQ Surf Lord MSS always makes it personal for chance to score on a 6
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
5 Warriors Ghost Arc + HoD
5 Warriors Night Scythe + HoS
5 DeathMarks Night Scythe + TerrorTek
10 Immortals Night Scythe
10 Warriors
Defence Line + Coms Relay
7 Scarabs
7 Scarabs
6 Scarabs

Immortals played on the table or in the flyer dependant on mission. The other two flyers will always have the units inside them. Warriors to take out heavy mech with stormtek / guass and last minute objective grabbing and deathmarks + terrortek for dealing with elites. 10 warriors sit behind the defence line and the ghost arc provides cover saves for advancing immortals if they are on foot.

Lots of fast moving units. Surf Lord can move 30" flat out, Scarabs 12"+ a fleet run or charge, Barges 12" and snap fire or 18" flat out, Ghost arc 18" flat out. + Flyers can move 36" and I can still disembark and snap shoot the units (works good on tesla immortals not on terrortek's template). 300 points in scarabs is alot that can't contest as they are beasts. They do move across the board quick though and I painted some up recently.

I think it is a fast moving resilient army with the tools to deal with mech and elites.

Comment away please. Big Grin

You guys going on the Friday too? The Open 1000pts
Here is the list I would take. Dual D lords wraithwing and flyers.
D Lord
D Lord
6 Wraiths
6 Wraiths
5 Warriors in Scythe
5 Warriors in Scythe
I like the list, my only concern is lack of scoring, but how/what do you add, I dunno!

Yep 4 troops only. All but the immortals are protected in some way.

10 warriors at the back could be taken out by deep strikers/infiltrators as they have little movement. They can hide behind the wall and are larger enough to weather most shooting. The ghost arc protects the minimum sized warrior squad. Even if wiped a scoring boomtek can come back with RP and still score. Immortals will be on foot turn one mostly but can be picked up mid game for last turn scoring or just ride in the scythe from reserves. The stormtek and warriors will stay in the flyer for last turn scoring only deploying if I have to pop something with alot of hull points that resists the St7 tesla and gauss.
True, your scoring is very well protected, my only concern is the lack of numbers, I like a minimum of 5 ;-). I also noticed you succumbed to the Aegis Defense line Wink

Yes I had to in the end. I got one of the necron laser cut card ones a while back and I have been gluing it together over the last few days.

The comms relay is a poor mans astropath or Hive fleet commander. Having 600+ pts in reserve for more than a turn is too harsh. The defense line is a 50pt tax to get the relay.

I played about with big Z's deep striking of flyers instead, as it is an option for my flyers, to bring them in ealier but it is too risky. Even for my blessed scatter dice.

I guess I could drop the deathmarks but they are my answer to rock lists.
Surf Lord MSS
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
8 Immortals Night Scythe
8 Immortals
9 Warriors
7 Scarabs
7 Scarabs

Dropped one scarab for extra Immortal unit. Feels better.
(20-12-2012, 05:48 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: Surf Lord MSS
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
8 Immortals Night Scythe
8 Immortals
9 Warriors
7 Scarabs
7 Scarabs

Dropped one scarab for extra Immortal unit. Feels better.

I prefer it, I wouldn't like to face that list for sure!

I wish I could give a valid reply but in truth I have only played Necrons with my Necron munchin Nids so cant really comment. Couldnt you drop a scarabs or troops for one of those teleporting character guys - that gives you a bit more manouverability perhaps. Once you flyers get popped its a long way for the troops inside to walk from the table edge!
The death marks can get a veil of darkness on the terrortek to teleport around but they usually get targeted after they drop. I guess if they do end up on foot with no ride they can keep up the movement. The unit works with the finesse placement of the flyers invasion beams rather than deep striking so close the template is effective. Super aggressive deep striking is nerve racking at best. They can given the chance "delete" units in one turn of shooting if they get marked for death!

I have played a flying circus list. Deep strike and shoot and repeat. As soon as templates happen the 12 bases that can fit into a large blast template soon disappear. So the veil for end game utility could work. All I need do is drop two scarabs. One from each fast attack slot.

Surf Lord MSS
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
Ann.Barges Double Tesla
5 DeathMarks Night Scythe + TerrorTek with Veil of darkness
8 Immortals Night Scythe
8 Immortals
9 Warriors
6 Scarabs
6 Scarabs
I like it, not much more to say. good luck!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari