Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the Nids and in with this insane list!
Thanks for the comments guys - much appreciated really.

I will have that Storm raven by the way, whatever happens, Ta. I can buy or we can swap. I have loads to get rid of, especially sisters.

Having looked at the scenario pack for Caledonian there are no points for VP's lost - its all on objectives and tie breakers, so.....

Was thinking of dropping the apo for sure and with Robs list I could also drop Draigo. Mordrak will make the paladins scoring anyhow.

What are peoples views on the flyer? I have 5 minutes at work so will post a 'non draigo' list in a while.

Cheers again guys - keep it coming! (and I promise to return the complement and look at some of your similar threads!)
I'd be more scared of a Vindicator or 2 with that list I think.. Str10 AP1? Lotsa dead paladins...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
Played 2 Vindicators this week. Killed one with Mordraks deep strike. The second was nasty but you wont often see two. Every army has its nemesis!

Anyway I think Rob has hit on something.

Mordrak and Coteaz
10 Paladins (4 x m/c psy cannons, 3 x m/c hammers, no apo
Land Raider Crusader with 5 Grey knights inside
Land raider Redeemer with 5 Grey Knights inside
Razorback with t/l heavy bolter and psybolt ammo.
1790pts

The Razorback will have 60pts to spend on it or occupants.
Option 1 - 3 x cheap acolytes (120 leaving enough to give Razorback t/l assault cannon and storm bolter with a few pts left for m/c's
Option 2 - Acolytes with meltas or plasmas
Option 3 - Psyker squad of 5 and a couple of acolytes for a 36" S8 AP1 large blast ranged psychic power.

I like this list as the two raiders and occupants deploy, allowing the Razorback and/or occupants to reserve if needed.

Try a Daemon or Drop Pod assault against that lot!
Remembered Coteaz cant deep strike, but that doesnt negate the ideas validity.
(20-12-2012, 01:25 PM)The Count Wrote: Remembered Coteaz cant deep strike, but that doesnt negate the ideas validity.

Dropping the RB leaves enough pts for a Dreadknight.. dropping Coteaz free's the pts for an Incinerator and Teleporter lol - would that be going to far?

Acolytes with hot shot lasguns work well for 9 points! The stormraven i have has the missile launcher and assault cannons bit i have all the spares if u wanna change it up!
Can you get a dreadknight in instead. That gets my vote. Two AV14 + lots of 2+ including a 2+ MC. Must have the teleporter with it or just too slow.
(20-12-2012, 05:08 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: Can you get a dreadknight in instead. That gets my vote. Two AV14 + lots of 2+ including a 2+ MC. Must have the teleporter with it or just too slow.

it could deep strike, but still extremely slow..

Decided not to got Dread Knight for now. I think one dreadnought can be an easy target, though it could hide inbetween the raiders.

I like Robs idea for the two raider list and am sold on it I think, so who occupies the razorback?

1 - Cheap acolytes with points to upgrade elsewhere
2 - Acolytes with meltas
3 - Psykers
(20-12-2012, 06:20 PM)The Count Wrote: Decided not to got Dread Knight for now. I think one dreadnought can be an easy target, though it could hide inbetween the raiders.

I like Robs idea for the two raider list and am sold on it I think, so who occupies the razorback?

1 - Cheap acolytes with points to upgrade elsewhere
2 - Acolytes with meltas
3 - Psykers

I would go with say 5 Acolytes in Marine armour and hot-shot lasguns, so they can sweep away some Marine on an objective and take a hit.