Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Feedback
So once the Elimination Tournament is done and dusted, my concentration moves to Caledonian in Jan, which is a 1850pts tournament. I'm looking for feedback on the list I'm thinking of taking:

Rune Priest – 100
Rune Priest – Lvl2 – 150
Wolf Priest – Saga of the Hunter – 110
Lord Commissar – Power Axe – 80

5 Wolf Guard – 5 Combi-Plasma, Drop Pod – 150

10 Grey Hunters – 2 Plasma, Drop Pod – 195
10 Grey Hunters – 2 Plasma, Drop Pod – 195
10 Grey Hunters – 2 Melta, Drop Pod – 190
5 Grey Hunters – Flamer, Drop Pod – 110

Platoon Command – 30
Infantry Platoon – Autocannon, Power Axe, Meltabomb – 75
Infantry Platoon – Autocannon – 60

20 Conscripts – 80

Aegis Defence Line – Quadgun – 100

The basic idea:

Commissar and Conscripts join up, with the BS5 Commissar manning the Quadgun, the Blob does what it does, then I drop pod in 25marines turn1 with 9 plasmaguns between them... (or 7 and 2 melt) with 2 pods to come in later, 1 empty or containing the 5 man flamer squad and another with melta/plasma depending on the enemy.

So, can it work? Any obvious weaknesses? Thoughts?

dropped the lone wolf?

like the drop pod plan, that will be evil. don't land too close to coteaz though Wink
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I would drop the conscripts and just add the commisar to the blob. I tried drop pod marines and lost 11 from 11 in two competitions but that was probably just me!
umm not sure think it may struggle agasint fellow space marines and chaos tempted to say vs a well constructed tau list
i dnt think it will hav promblems vs tyranids/orks or eldar/dark eldar
never been fan of drop pod tactics or deepstrike tactics fun yes but yet to see it really pull off competive wise
o if u come vs a veichle heavy list with lots of armour 13/14 unlikly but u will be screwed Big Grin
(04-12-2012, 09:26 AM)Simian Wrote: dropped the lone wolf?

like the drop pod plan, that will be evil. don't land too close to coteaz though Wink

Dropped both mate and the Long Fangs.

(04-12-2012, 09:55 AM)The Count Wrote: I would drop the conscripts and just add the commisar to the blob. I tried drop pod marines and lost 11 from 11 in two competitions but that was probably just me!

The blob is already fearless thanks to the wolf priest, so no need for a Commissar, so I drop the Conscripts, I no longer need a Aegis Defence Line (Flyers will be mostly ignored, while I clear the ground troops, flying MC's will be a problem, but a single quad-gun isn't going to do much if anything anyway), this leaves the Commissar redundant, but I still need a HQ:

So for 260pts:

Option1:
Drop a meltabomb from the blob +5pts
Primaris Psyker - 70
5 Long Fangs - 115
+ 5 Grey Hunters and 2 meltaguns to the small Grey Hunter Squad - 80

Option2:
Company Command - 4 Meltaguns - 90
Vendetta - Heavy Bolter - 140
30pts left, thats an Astropath for +1 reserve or I could swap out the melta for plasma on the company command

Option3:
Primaris Psyker – 70
9 Psyker Battle Squad – 100
5 Long Fangs – 4 missiles – 115pts (would have to drop all the Meltabombs on the Blob)
Or
90pts maybe Marbo for 65pts, something else to deep strike in a be a massive pain! Leaving a few points for other things.

Or something else entirely??

(04-12-2012, 11:51 AM)sprogmcjob Wrote: umm not sure think it may struggle agasint fellow space marines and chaos tempted to say vs a well constructed tau list
i dnt think it will hav promblems vs tyranids/orks or eldar/dark eldar
never been fan of drop pod tactics or deepstrike tactics fun yes but yet to see it really pull off competive wise
o if u come vs a veichle heavy list with lots of armour 13/14 unlikly but u will be screwed Big Grin

I have plenty of plasma to deal with MEQ, Tau could be a pain.
Dark Eldar with mass Venoms could screw me
Drop pods are very reliable now
That’s the joy of Drop Pods and Plasma, I can land behind things like Preds, Annihilation Barges etc if I choose, granted it’s not idea as I’d much prefer to be deal with troops, but it’s still a viable tactic.

Right, so I've been thinking and I believe this to be the best I can come up with:

Rune priest – level2 – 150
Rune Priest – 100
Wolf Priest – Saga of the Hunter – 110
Primaris Psyker – 70

8 Wolf Guard – 5 Combi-Plasma, 3 Combi-Melta, Drop Pod – 219

10 Grey Hunters – 2 Plasmaguns, Drop Pod – 195
10 Grey Hunters – 2 Plasmaguns, Drop Pod – 195
10 Grey Hunters – 2 Meltaguns, Drop Pod – 190
10 Grey Hunters – 2 Meltaguns, Drop Pod – 190

Platoon Command – 30
Infantry Platoon – Autocannon, Sergeant w/ Power Axe, Meltabomb – 75
Infantry Platoon – Autocannon, Krak Grenades – 70

You won't be able to attach the wolf guard to the Grey Hunters in drop pods? Unless SW DP's are the same as SM with a capacity of 12? I know my BA ones have a capacity of 10. Was that your intention?
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
I am struggling to see the drop pods work with a blob. I liked the Lonewolves too.

I do like pod lists. They are much better in 6th. I showed this list to Ben once but he did not like it much. I want someone to run it as it hurts flyer/reserve heavy armies and foot lists.

POD Stike
BA Primary List
Librarian
2x10 Sternguard w/8 Combi-Plasma and 2 Melta in a Pod
2x5 Assault Marines w/Flamer in a Pod

SM Allies -740
Pedro
1x10 Sternguard w/8 Combi-Melta and 2 Melta in a Pod
5 Sniper Scouts
Storm Talon w/Typhoon and Assault Cannons

All Sternguard from both codexes scoring from "Vote for" Pedro. Comes in under 1750 so room for defence line and gun if required.
Hey Ben,

Nah mate, they’re to come down as one unit to get me firstblood or at least cripple something, be it a squad or a tank, they’re gonna mess something up with 10 Plasma shots and 3 Meltagun shots or 16 Bolter rounds.. depending on what I fancy. I don’t expect them to survive the initial turn of return fire, but they’re gonna be a pain no matter what, because they’re not scoring either, so I can throw them about for lolz.

(05-12-2012, 05:31 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: I am struggling to see the drop pods work with a blob. I liked the Lonewolves too.

I do like pod lists. They are much better in 6th. I showed this list to Ben once but he did not like it much. I want someone to run it as it hurts flyer/reserve heavy armies and foot lists.

POD Stike
BA Primary List
Librarian
2x10 Sternguard w/8 Combi-Plasma and 2 Melta in a Pod
2x5 Assault Marines w/Flamer in a Pod

SM Allies -740
Pedro
1x10 Sternguard w/8 Combi-Melta and 2 Melta in a Pod
5 Sniper Scouts
Storm Talon w/Typhoon and Assault Cannons

All Sternguard from both codexes scoring from "Vote for" Pedro. Comes in under 1750 so room for defence line and gun if required.

I'm not sure how that would work in regards to reserves as half the army need to start on the table, I suppose you could use the Assault Marines and there pods to stack a wave?