Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromunda Gang Advice
Morning,
As i've mentioned in another couple of threads i have an Orlock gang and im looking at joining your campaign. what i would appreciate is some advice in setting up the gang. I've joined Yakromunda and started to set up a gang but i have no idea what i should be trying to do with them or how to equip them etc.

any advice is gratefully received.

Cheers
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
It very much depends on how you want to play, I favour a close combat approach, so all my gangers have swords and a Pistol.
Lasguns are recommended for your gangers as the 2+ ammo roll is a massive help, also i would suggest taking at least 1 heavy with heavy stubber.
I would aim for a leader, a heavy(or 2), 4 gangers and 2 juves. Some of my better gangers now started out as juves, so it worth having a couple and i tend to recruit new members of the gang as juves.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(21-11-2012, 10:49 AM)Simian Wrote: Morning,
As i've mentioned in another couple of threads i have an Orlock gang and im looking at joining your campaign. what i would appreciate is some advice in setting up the gang. I've joined Yakromunda and started to set up a gang but i have no idea what i should be trying to do with them or how to equip them etc.

any advice is gratefully received.

Cheers

Good advice from Vince. A heavy with a heavy stubber is almost a must, and then lasguns on the gangers, and at least a couple (or 3 juves) to grow into cheap fully fledged gangers after a few games.

I would just add that about 9 starting members is optimal, gives you more income after a game (see income from territory table) and means that you only take a bottle test when 3 members are down, as opposed to two members if you only take 8 to start with (bottle tests start being taken when 25% or more of your gang are down or out).

I regret not taking two heavies to start with, maybe one with a flamer or just a normal basic weapon. That way he can be earning exp from the start and if your other heavy gets injured (eg -1BS or something), you can swap the heavy stubber onto him).

Shotguns are also good due to the different ammo types you can take so they are very flexible - they come with scatter shot and solid shot as standard, scatter ignores cover so is good against targets in hard cover, although they will normally be firing at long range so still -1 to hit, but that's better than -2! You can also look at getting manstopper shells which have no long range penalty so are good if your target is in the open.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
just like to reiterate the rules can be downloaded for free from the GW website and have changed slightly from the first edition.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'll grab the rules and i'll aim for nine with a few Juves and a heavy.

cheers for the advice, i'll have something ready for week after next anyway!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Another vote for the heavy stubber. Couple of juves and the rest as gangers should get you off to a flying start. Can always arrange a couple of practice games outside the campaign to give you a feel for how your crew plays, and allow you to make tweaks before diving in to the underhive.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Heavy stubber will be fine, i'll convert the Dark Vengeance Cultist that's carrying one.
cheers
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
My advice 9 members of gang. Best number for bottle test avoidance v cost balance.
At least 5 gangers so you can max on income (5).
I started with
Leader
2 x Heavies with stubbers
6 gangers. The 6th ganger means you get 5 for max income plus 1 extra opportunity on rare items table at income time.
No Juves to start...

Gangers were short on equipment to start but easily purchased after first game.

Look for guns that need a low anti-jam roll of 2+.

But each to his own!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill